1. Dream again.

That doesn't solve my compiler issue.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Good luck with that, but that won't solve any issues here.

3. So i had another dude running debian that was able to get the compiler to work OK with the latest Rust + Oxide...
    So i'm an isolated issue... And i'm bored.

4. I can do that shit. ) But I need people and money to pay them for lost time.

I already had the experience of reversing protocols
    RDP, MRAC, SSH
    and game servers
    Lineage, CS

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please stay on topic. The issue is with the Rust server and running it, not re-creating it.

6. OK, seems like some files were not overwritten properly...

Got it to work. FINALLY !!!!!!!!

For anyone that it could help to get oxide to update with one command, use this :
    GitHub - UltimateByte/zip-updater: Easily update any zip file

It will also help not reproducing my today's mistake of having unzip or FTP not overwriting shit, as it uses a temporary folder, then mv -fv .

Here are my settings
    I insist on Lowercase, it MUST be off for Oxide that contains "useful" uppercase stuff.
    Code:
    #Your server folder
    targetdir="/home/rust/serverfiles"backupzips="on"promptmode="off"lowercase="off"ziplinks="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OxideMod/Snapshots/master/Oxide-Rust_Linux.zip"

[DOUBLEPOST=1457119851][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for your attention guys.
    What really put me on the way was the compiler working, and the fact that another debian got it working. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  7. Code:
    [  OK  ] Debug rust-server: Starting debug
    ./RustDedicated: /lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./RustDedicated)
    ./RustDedicated: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./RustDedicated)
    ./RustDedicated: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./RustDedicated)
    ./RustDedicated: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./RustDedicated)
    Heres the output I got when i got that error, not too sure what to do as it says its installed
    How should i host server on linux version? • /r/playrust there is a post here suggesting that centos 6.7 can't upgrade those libraries without breaking the system.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  8. Missing glibc libraries.
    Check dependencies here rustserver: Rust |

9. So yeah, that changes all the loot.
    LGSM uses tmux, and manages all your start parameters in one script. Also, it's free. And i made the support for Rust, so if you got any script related issue, just post on github or the steam group.
    Unless you're using a shitty OS, you'd better use LGSM that uses tmux.
    It provides useful stuff, such as monitoring, ability to reboot using crontabs, updating, validating your files, start/stop/restart commands. Very handy in the end, that's why i don't make a game server unless there is an LGSM script, and that's why i started to add support for some other games into it !

The only difference between screen and tmux is that you do ctrl + b then d to exit the console. BTW, the console is useless for Rust, so who cares about using tmux or screen ? ^^
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    So about the topic, your test proves that these commands affect animals.
    I just checked all Rust parameters (and added them to the rust wiki Rust Dedicated Server - Valve Developer Community ) but there is nothing to control animals... Only plants.

10. Is LGSM your project? Very nice I like it!

All my servers are supported (GMod, ARK, Rust).
    Is there a possibility to install LGSM for each server without re-downloading all the serever-files?

11. It's Daniel Gibbs' work, who's quite busy these days, and uses his only free time to work on new functionalities, he's reworking all the downloads from LGSM currently, that will be a major rework and allow new download functionalities. Once he's done that, i'll work on implementing Oxide install and update with LGSM, will be lovely. I'm just a contributor since a few months, as i love this project and was helping a lot, he proposed me to be part of the team. So he teached me the basics of LGSM, and now i'm fixing some stuff (recently fixed the Teamspeak version checker, and added more logs to clear to the log manager,), adding some games (did Rust/Hurtworld and plan more), adding some functionalities (like the FastDL for GMod), and taking care of the wiki and the support and requests with a few other guys. :)

You may be able to use LGSM with an existent install, i've already done that when i first discovered LGSM. But you'd better have a good knowledge of the files into your game servers, but basically, there are 2 ways of doing it :

1) Simple one
    Make a new install of the game server with LGSM ontoa new user (and configure your LGSM)
    Copy important data files to the serverfiles folder

2) Tougher one
    Let's say your "rootdir" folder is /home/user
    And let's say your server name is "gameserver", which will also be the name of your LGSM script.
    Make a new "serverfiles" folder in your rootdir.
    Move your game server files into serverfiles (only one server).
    Put LGSM script into the rootdir.
    Chmod +x your gameserver LGSM script
    Configure your script by editing it with nano for example
    Then try to start it with ./gameserver start
    Repeat that with a new user for every server.

Now you can use LGSM with your previous server content
    Remember that LGSM is currently made for 1 user = 1 game server (you can run several servers with 1 user, but you'd better check the github wiki before and not be a jerk while trying to do it)
    And of course, remember to set different ports for each server.

12. - Easy way : Update your CentOS ?
    Hopefully that distro allow you to upgrade... (never used it, seems like it only provides shitty issues).

- LGSM way : Grab the required files, put them in your game folder, if Rust allows it... Hopefully it'll work with no segmentation faults.

- Radical way : Screw this distro, go to Debian ( <3 ) or Ubuntu.

Edit : Related : Centos 6.7 64 bit Server not starting :: Linux Game Server Managers

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  13. Thank you for your very detailed answer! =)
    I have one last question I think.

When downloading LGSM for a Rust, there is a file called "rustserver".

Stating the serrver works with ./rustserver start. But how to pass parameters like the serveridentity? Because by default this file uses the servicename ("rust-server") as serveridentity.

I added the following line into this file
    and changed the following line like this
    Like this the server loads everything else like seed, map size etc from server.cfg. Is this OK like this?

And another thing:
    I would like to start 2 rust servers. I thought I just copy the file "rustserver" and change the "serveridentity"?

14. Actually the proper way was to let
    +server.identity \"${servicename}\
    And to change the servicename (it's way lower, but don't worry ! And stop your rust server before doing it)

As your configuraiton may vary, make sure you don't have duplicate start paramaters and stuff in the config files. What i put as a start parameter is what you may absolutely want to change, while the config files are a bit less important.

15. I changed it like this for people having the same probleme:
    Code:
    # Server Details
    tmp=$2
    ident=${tmp,,}
    if [ "$ident" == "" ]; then #default rust-server ident when nothing is passed
      serveridentity="rust-server"
      servicename="rust-server"
    else #custom rust-server ident. Pass like this ./rustserver (start|stop) yourserveridentity
      serveridentity=$ident
      servicename="rust-server-$ident"
    fi

16. Yeah, I gave up and went to centos 7.2. Never liked the other distros for some reason :p

17. I have a rlly big Problem...

I installed rust Server x times .. but i have the same errors..

Only .cs plugins are not working.... i try with LGSM but the Same error pls help me....
    Code:
    19:19 [Error] RemoverTool plugin failed to compile!
    19:19 [Error] Compiler disconnected.
    19:24 [Error] NoEscape plugin failed to compile!
    19:24 [Error] Compiler disconnected.
    19:25 [Error] InsultGenerator plugin failed to compile!
    19:25 [Error] Compiler disconnected.
    19:25 [Error] KillFeed plugin failed to compile!
    19:25 [Error] Compiler disconnected.
    19:26 [Info] Loaded plugin CraftLog v1.2.0 by sqroot
    19:26 [Error] HeliControl plugin failed to compile!
    19:26 [Error] Compiler disconnected.

18. Hello,
    I installed oxide to linux, but I feel that plugins are not taken into account. I explain how I did. I started by installing oxide and then I put the plugins via filezilla. I wonder if there is a handling charge to make plugins.
    thank you.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please provide your oxide/logs. Plugins work fine granted you have Oxide installed properly and the compiler setup with the correct permissions.