1. Hey there,
    my update script pulled the latest Release from Github but failed to start the Server, Ive checked the latest release with one from yesterday, and it seems like there are files missing: https://i.imgur.com/TNXVASe.png

Also the _start-example.sh/.bat is missing

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only files missing there are not necessary to running the server.

3. 1.) Can you add a "latest" tag to the Oxide.Rust release?
    and 2.) What about files like MySql.Data.dll?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See GitHub repository changes | Oxide. The database extensions will be bundled again shortly, just ran out of time before today's update.

5. I downloaded Rust_Oxide (Downloads | Oxide) and was only given RustDedicated_Data and no other files. copy pasting this into rust makes no changes. I have checked that my anti virus is not removing the files.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those are all of the files.

7. How do I launch rust oxide?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Install it and then launch the server as you normally would. Oxide is a mod, not the entire server.

9. By installing do you mean replacing RustDedicated_Data?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'd overwrite the files with those included in there, yes.

11. Oxide seems to be working. I manage to "create" the files by running rust dedicated server. However I cant run rust thru Csharp (so i have to run RustDedicatedserver) and i have a lot of fog.
    Edit: It says CSharpCompiler.exe cant run because its missing mono-2.0.dll
    [DOUBLEPOST=1511042797][/DOUBLEPOST]So youre not suppose to run CSharpCompier.exe to start the server, but rather how you would "normaly". Last time I ran oxide i was given a start_example.batch file but now like i stated im only given RustDedicated_Data. Are you meant to run the server thru RustDedicated.Exe and if so how can i fix issues like annoying fog and RustDedicated having a broken preview of the map (or something like that).

Attached Files:

12. Used your old "start_example.bat" code and it DOESNT work.
    Please, how do i install rust oxide because it seems like all the tutorials are outdated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2017
  13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I use the _start-example.bat daily and have been for 4 years, works just fine. Tutorials are not outdated either.

No, you start your server the way you always do, Oxide doesn't change how you start the server.

14. I manage to "install" it by first replacing RustDedicated_data and then instead of running Rustdedicated.exe i ran the example bat file. Now I dont have that annoying fog and all.