Solved Rewards for time on server

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Dzurko, May 8, 2015.

1. A reward for time played on the server, have say 10 tiers that get multiplied sort of like prestiging.

Example. lvl 1 get 10 cooked chicken
    lvl 2 say 50 wood

Example. Prestige 2 lvl 1 20 cooked chicken
    Presitge 3 lvl 1 60 cooked chicken

now add the prestige as a muliplier so the prestige level 2 would get 20 cooked chicken, and when they get enough time for level 2 100 wood. Im sure it can be done but i dont have the know how, it would make a simple reward system for players that admins just plug in choose your rewards per lovel and let the plugin do the rest

2. oh snap that would be a sweet plugin

3. your best bet would be trying out plugins that log players statistics. if any of them keeps track of the total time the player spent on the server it should be pretty easy to add a periodical check, and execute the "Give" plugin if the time is more than X.

That said, your players might start to stay AFK on your server just to get more time counted. Countering this wouldn't be nearly as simple.

You might instead look into something like http://oxidemod.org/plugins/hunt-rpg.841/ and reward the players for things they do instead :)

4. Well i seen someone was working on an auto AFK http://oxidemod.org/threads/make-players-sleep-lua.7435/ , im sure the 2 can work side by side so that when the player is asleep they dont gain time played on the server, I just come up with idea's and hope ppl can write them out, I have no experience in making plug-ins
    I already have the hunt-rpg i like it pretty good, so if anyone can help much appreciated. or a step in the right direction
    Just seen an afk plugin http://oxidemod.org/plugins/afk-kick.766/ that solves the afk and getting credit issue

5. will someone make a plugin that dependent on playtime plugin where when a player played for # of time, they'll be rewarded an item or learned a bp?

6. Back in Legacy I had a mod that would give paper to everyone online every 10 minutes and prevent it from being crafted. Paper back in Legacy had zero use, so it didn't matter.. I combined that with a lottery system where players could do /roll with a full stack of 250 paper in their inventory and it would award them a random prize. Prices were a big hand crafted data table, you could for instance win an M4 with a stack of bullets, mats for a small 2x2 base, a full set of kevlar, some blueprints, some c4, etc. There were of course crappier prizes to balance it out.

That plugin even evolved into a full lottery system for all useless items, so you had the bean can lottery, the tuna can lottery, the stone lottery, the low grade fuel lottery (my server blocked explosives crafting, you could only get them as drops), etc. It was a lot of fun and the players were enjoying it a lot.

The real goal here was to keep people online to attract more peeps :)

I still have the code for that somewhere, it would be pretty easy to port it and use one of the useless items in the drop tables right now if anyone is interested.

7. YEs please do

8. Here's the code for the Legacy mod I mentioned. I don't have time to convert/adapt it now, but maybe you can find someone who would. All the loot is hardcoded in there though...

Attached Files:

9. Its there any change to make a plugin that allows server owners to reward players for hour played on the server?Like for 50h played 1x gather more..100 2x etc.I am even gonna pay someone if can do this.

10. I built a plugin that tracks player time while on the server, and I'd be happy to work with you and modify it to match your needs. I'd suggest adding a bonus for actions performed, to prevent AFKing, as mentioned above.

11. I like this idea !

ArcaneCraeda - keep me in mind if you make this. :)

12. Quick Note: I'm actively working on this plugin, with most of the features requested. I'll update this post accordingly.

Edit 1: Got time tracking and AFKTime tracking working. Will focus on tracking actions next. Everything saves to a JSON file under Data.

Edit 2: Added config file for time-until-AFK, and callbacks to a handful of events to keep the user from being labelled AFK when they're, in fact, just not moving.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  13. Oh nice I just started back up my rust server im pretty excited to see this one!

14. I hope this comes through soon. Just the simple ability to give chosen items at certain intervals of logged play time would be amazing.

15. any news on this one??

16. Not yet, sorry guys. I've been busy with work and school, so they get priority.

17. I'd be glad to help, hit me up if you need anything.

18. There's a server called Rusty ( I've played his servers for a few years) he has a exp custom plugin every 30 mins you get 1 xp he owns the most popular legacy server and not a so popular experimental server.

19. Update: I was sick today so I put a couple hours into this. The leveling and prestiging system is almost complete. Once that's done it'll be a matter of giving out the rewards.