Reign of Kings Resource node amounts

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Sythy.!, Jun 16, 2015.

1. As the title says, I would like to reduce the amount of resources players get from the nodes.

Simply 250 is WAY too much for the new map.

2. I have a feeling this might need a new hook to fix.

Messy workaround:
    Alternatively, if there isn't a writeable variable that controls the amount of resources harvested, you could always check the player's inventory onwhenever they do damage to a node and for each harvest amount, remove x% of the resources harvested.

I wont deny this is a horrible way of doing it though - but could work as a prototype to see how the change affects everyone.

I've personally found the increased yields quite satisfying at the moment, since we get a server wipe every couple of weeks which is soul destroying at times! Lol

3. Resource harvesting (be it nodes or stone/bushes or trees) is currently handled by the client and not the server.

4. Ahh - I'd be very interested to know if there's a way of modifying the yield amount that is returned by these then.
    In particular, because it might help resolve the issue I'm having with people harvesting undestroyable blocks, etc!

5. This Kinda sucks :( Because I doubt CH will change the values per map.

6. blocks are very easy to control. gadgets are very hard to control and node harvesting is currently impossible. whatever is clientsided cant be modified server wisely. the hooks we use are mostly after-event like. so you cant prevent players from doing anything. you can only reverse their actions. it took me around an hour only to figure out how to counter the salvage resources you get when you hit a block in non crested areas. and that too is by checking the amount of the resources and taking them back.

its all messy work. codehatch is not really giving a damn about us, scripters and rightfully so, they are constantly updating the game. they will probably support us properly when the game becomes more stable.

7. Yeah, I don't like the work around in general, but it does seem like fishing in the player's inventory and pulling the resources back out might be the only way for now. :-/

8. has anyone figured out how to set amount of stone through recousre.cfg yet?