Rename

Moved

Total Downloads: 1,980 - First Release: Jun 28, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 23, 2017

5/5, 7 likes
  1. im using the latest version and whewn i applie the rename in rusty or ingame it says its been changed but when i type it still the old name if i relog it shows my new name connecting but still my old name

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Okay, but what is the exact version you are using?

3. i belive its 2.0.2854

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you verify using the oxide.version command please?

5. sorry for long reply here it is

> oxide.version
    Oxide 2.0.2835 for Rust 1100.98 (1935)

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'll need to be on the latest that has fixes for the rename functionality in Oxide's API.

7. /rename

just show "CommandUsage"
    nothing more...

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which language do you have set?

9. I have spanish (es)
    but... your file is empty : {}

Take it:

{
    "CommandUsage": "Uso: {0} <nombre o id> <nuevo nombre>",
    "NotAllowed": "No tienes permiso para usar el comando '{0}'",
    "PlayerAdmin": "{0} es un Admin y no puede ser renombrado",
    "PlayerNotFound": "El Jugador '{0}' no se encontrĂ³",
    "PlayerRenamed": "{0} fue renombrado a {1}",
    "YouWereRenamed": "Fuiste renombrado a {0}"
    }

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't added any languages other than English yet, but I see why it is happening. It's support to default to English if other languages aren't available, but it appears if the file is empty it doesn't work.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  11. Yes I saw the same, a rare behavior,
    because normaly if a lang is not avaible automaticaly loads the English lang file.

12. Is there a way that name with symbols < = change auto to O or something when people connect

<size=100>steam name</size>

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You could prevent with Name Manager | Oxide, but otherwise there isn't anything right now. I could add that to my TODO list though possibly.

14. Ok thanks Wulf, i will use Name Manager as quick solution atm

15. If its here someplace in comments I'm sorry been looking through plugins for along time, If I change my name (I'm Owner) will permissions with my name stop working for me?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Permissions are based on your ID, not your name.

17. when I try to reset by the command "/rename ID reset", it says "You were renamed to reset"

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like I forgot to actually add the reset. :p

I'll try to get that added today.

19. Thanks a lot :)

20. After updating from old .lua version to the newest one there is an issue with the plugin...
    When owner of the server renames himself from [steam name] to [random name] and then reconnects his name is the [random name] but when I do the same my name is [steam name]...
    When connecting it says in console "... renamed [steam name] to [random name] but my name is still [steam name]