1. Oxide for Rust Legacy has been discontinued and is no longer supported. No updates or additions will be made, and Rust Legacy-specific plugin submissions will no longer be accepted. We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Rust as able.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixed Reload commands

Discussion in 'Legacy Discussion' started by Ξ›erO*p1nou, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Details would be useful, logs, etc.

2. Philius

Philius Naked Wanderer

I have the same problem. I'm logged in as admin and oxide.reload doesn't do anything.

3. tekkitan

tekkitan Naked Wanderer

same.

the chat commands dont work either (/reload and /reloadcore say unknown commands)

4. Wulf

Are you sure you have Oxide properly installed? Do any other commands work?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  5. tekkitan

tekkitan Naked Wanderer

All other commands work. All mods work. These are the only two commands that do not work.

CallSaul likes this.
  6. Wulf

What is the exact command you used? oxide.reload requires a plugin name as well, oxide.reloadcore is for the core.

7. tekkitan

tekkitan Naked Wanderer

both. also the chat commands /reload and /reloadcore.

none of them are working.

8. Deli

Deli Naked Wanderer

Hmm...

cs.reloadplugin(string)
    and
    oxide.reload

doesnt work for me to reload oxmin plugin.
    Or is that normal?

9. Wulf

"oxide.reload oxmin" is the command if you want to reload Oxmin.

10. tekkitan

tekkitan Naked Wanderer

which isn't working

i have to restart my server to reload any plugins which is quite annoying.

11. Smooth

Smooth Plugin Developer

I can confirm oxide.reload pluginName does not work. Whenever i try it, i get no reply from the in-game console.

12. thejawa

thejawa Naked Wanderer

Also confirming commands don't work. I tried it last night, just tried it again and no go.

13. Kenjamin

Kenjamin Naked Wanderer

Confirming it does not work. In the console it says:

Code (Text):
    > oxide.reload doorshare.lua
    [Oxide] Reloading oxide plugin...
    Console class not found: oxide
    The plugin is not reloaded and nothing has actually happened despite it initially saying it reloaded.

I have to restart the server to get the plugins to reload and the chat commands are unrecognized.

14. Wulf

Drop the .lua. You only call the plugin name.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2014 ---
    Working fine here. Been using it for development all day today. Make sure you aren't adding the file extension.

15. tekkitan

tekkitan Naked Wanderer

I'm certainly not using an extension. It says unknown command. It does not work. Many others saying the same.

16. Kenjamin

Kenjamin Naked Wanderer

I tried reloading some extensions without the lua, and it either crashes the server and forces a restart or it restarts the server. :(

17. Mackleangelo

Mackleangelo Naked Wanderer

I am also having trouble with both the chat commands (/reload name, /reloadcore) and rcon commands (oxide.reload name, oxide.reloadcore) not working. I'm on a HFB Server if that matters, the console has no response and chat commands say invalid command.

Looking at my log there's an error but it actually trying to reload it, but the chat error message is misleading. Also getting the following errors:
    ERROR: Failed to reload plugin 'motd'! ([string "C:\TCAFiles\Users\*****\12861\save\oxide\p..."]:22: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 19) near '"Type /help for important information"')
    ERROR: at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at NLua.Lua.LoadString (System.String chunk, System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Main.ReloadPlugin (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Reloading oxide core...
    Reloading oxide plugin...

Not sure if it was the chat or console command that made it go though.
    Any ideas?

EDIT: the /reload chat command is producing an error in the log that simply says Error,
    and the oxide.reload console command appears to be actually reloading things, just without providing notification

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  18. Wulf

Did you edit your motd file? The error suggests you or something did.

19. Mackleangelo

Mackleangelo Naked Wanderer

Yea I'm having some trouble with the MOTD file thats why I was trying to get the reloads to work, didn't wanna restart the server on people.
    The :
    EDIT: the /reload chat command is producing an error in the log that simply says Error,
    and the oxide.reload console command appears to be actually reloading things, just without providing notification
    pretty much sums up my problem

20. Wulf

Notifications for the console reload command is only there if a plugin actually prints a message on load, which most don't.

I was actually told today that the in-game commands for reloading don't actually exist. They may have once upon a time.