1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's likely just more obvious with certain plugins installed that may slow down the login process, but the issue lies somewhere in the login process itself.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

A lot of the connection issues are fixed in the dev branch. If you're able to try that, I would.

3. I don't have the ability to switch my server from stable to dev through my hosts CP, nor would I really want to. There were no connection issues in stable until Saturday's flurry of hot-fixes. Somewhere in there something got screwed and they need to take the situation a little more seriously I think. It's a problem for quite a few servers from what I've seen and read.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The whole library used for networking in Rust was replaced with another. Bugs are to be expected. A lot of them have been fixed though, and I'm sure the rest will with time.

5. just wondering this started happening to me after i set the map size over 4000 do we all have this in common?

6. been having this problem since it appeared last Thursday just deleted everything for /kit plugin and it has been working for me and everyone else joining from the internets

7. This is a temporary solution.

8. Might be temporary but it worked. Took kits off my server and no more problems since then.

9. Quote gary : "if no-one can connect, you'll have to give us more information. We have no connection problems on any of our official servers - how do yours differ?"

Me thinking a dll file lol

I get the feeling this is Gary adding code to lighten the servers so they will populate the official servers..
    He seems not to give a damn about the problem and is a little passive about it...

I got a temp ban from face punch for pursing the error........

Just a theory....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
  10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I have no issues with the dev branch, and neither do any of the other devs. Pretty sure the issue was fixed in it.

11. I hope so..
    And for those that think it's a plugin. It is not from a plugin. Read back always it was tested. Anyways it seems to be getting better but it is still there...

12. Say whatever you want but nobody could get on my server until I removed the kits plugin and the second I did that everything was back to normal.

13. meet we've been dealing with this for over a week now we've taken all the plugins out wiped and reinstall the server files and yes it will work for a while but when you start getting about 40 50 60 people it will start giving the 02 it used to only be up to eight people now it's going higher so I think it is a network thing has nothing to do with the plug ins BETT if you could go back and read a week back you can see we've beeIn through this been there done that tested.
    I think your apology to Gary is a little premature we thought it was plugins also but like I said its getting better its not when its only with 8 players so if you get people that are over 50 60 players you'll start getting it trust me a lot of people don't report it

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've had it with a single user on a slow-loading computer. ;) It's just issues with packets and the networking I'm sure.

15. removing kits fixed my issue too

16. i tried removing each individually and /kits was the problem havent encountered the issue since.....

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I imagine the issue only happens with the autokits/welcome portion of Kits. The issues lies with the connection process. Likely plugins trying to give too early as they think that the player is already connected, but they aren't yet. This should be fixed in the dev branch of Rust and will be in tomorrow's update. Kits just happens to be what you are using that brings the issue to light, not the cause. I believe the dev branch changed the login process a bit to account for this and other network related client connection issues.

To sum up the thread, the issue is NOT from:
    • Oxide or any Oxide extension
    • Any plugin (Kits, Better Start, Enhanced Ban System, etc.)
    • Any Rust server configuration files
    • A .NET library or other dependency missing
    As a temporary fix, remove any plugins that try to interact with a player with OnPlayerConnected, or possibly any early connection hooks. To properly fix the issue, either update to the dev branch of wait for tomorrow's Rust update that has the networking changes.

18. HI
    For Rust (Experimental)
    image of freeze/stuck : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=399217210

always stuck like in the link image above
    first connection on my server , working ok , no problem
    respawn after the first one died, I 'm still stuck with loading screen receiving 3240/3242
    or even after 1 -2 connection on my server i have same problem the game stuck like the link image
    ppl can help me?
    delete,veryfing cache,reboot client or install again not change the problem,
    after the reboot server i can join first without problem....and again this bug if i dead or reconnect.
    (same bug for other player)
    Help me plz

i can use the console when im in the bug and tape quit because i cant back to main (i love this game)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424974834][/DOUBLEPOST]sry for my bad english...

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

See above reply.