1. Ok so since wipe is about to come up and noone has logged onto my lonely server in like a week I decided to make a few changes to the configuration file. I changed the map size to 3000 and changed the map type to hapis island and updated the description. I also tried to link a facebook group to it but that didn't work nor is it really something I care much about. What I do care about however is my Rcon tool is no longer working.I even went as far as to uninstall and reinstall the tool and tried to get it to connect and its just not connecting to the server or even really attempting to. My Rcon port and server port and password were left unchanged and if it did try to connect and the password was simply wrong I would see that on the server side of things when I go to remote into it and look. The rust IO map also does not work on my server now and I am thinking that those 2 issues could be related but I am at a loss for what to look for. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix this? I have been looking at it all day and have not had any tangible results.

2. Can you type rcon.web in console and tell me what it returns? If it's false you most likely have web RCON off and are trying to connect with it. If it does happen to be false simply add +rcon.web 1 to your bat file.

3. it says rcon.web false. Is there a specific command to set that to true? That may be the issue.

4. +rcon.web 1

5. I am still having issues trying to connect with Rcon. The Rcon program I am using is called RustAdmin. It doesnt seem to even be trying to connect to the server and usually I would see something on the server about Rcon connecting weather it succeeds or not but I am not seeing it on the servers end as I try to connect.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  6. You need to reboot your server. Read my first post.

7. I will post my configuration file if you want but I have it as +rcon.web 1 in it like you said. I start up the server again and type rcon.web and it is still false. So I type into the console rcon.web 1 and then type writecfg to save it. I type in rcon.web again to verify that it is set to true so ok I restart the server and type it again and now it is false again.

8. You need it in the start script, it will reset on restart otherwise.

9. It is in the start script. Want that I post it?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1491876559][/DOUBLEPOST]I will post it anyways just so you can see it and hopefully tell me where I messed up and why so I can be better educated on the matter.

@echo off
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -nographics +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.port 28015 +server.level "HapisIsland" +server.seed 1234 +server.worldsize 3000 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.hostname "Sov's Hellhouse" +server.description "Anything goes here. Just come and play the game. Admin is active and watches the server routinely. Ask about a starter package consisting of building materials and a few guns. No wipe unless the DEV forces it." +Bei Facebook anmelden | Facebook" +server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/H3EdffM.jpg?1" +server.identity "Sov's Hellhouse" +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password ********* +rcon.web 1

10. Try +rcon.web true.

11. Ok I did that and have restarted the server. When I type rcon.web into the console it still says false. Rcon still can not connect.

12. I removed one thing that was wrong fixed the description and set rcon password to 1234 you can change that
    Code:
    @echo off
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode -nographics +server.ip 0.0.0.0 +server.port 28015 +server.level "HapisIsland" +server.seed 1234 +server.worldsize 3000 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.hostname "Sov's Hellhouse" +server.description "Anything goes here\nJust come and play the game\nAdmin is active and watches the server routinely\nAsk about a starter package consisting of building materials and a few guns\nNo wipe unless the DEV forces it." +server.headerimage "http://i.imgur.com/H3EdffM.jpg?1" +server.identity "Sov's Hellhouse" +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password 1234 +rcon.web 1
    You also seem to have my header image in your bat file not sure why you are using that

13. That fixed it. Thanks Resistance.

14. Your welcome but you do need to use your own header image that has your server name on it, it would look better or just use something without any writing on it
    [DOUBLEPOST=1491882611][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like you still have a firewall blocking your map My Rust server's map - Rust:IO

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  15. I do have a firewall but it worked before I made the change to Hapis Island. One more question I have is will putting any command in the startup script make it run at startup? Such as having +decay.scale 0 would turn decay on or off? Does this work for any other true or false values?

16. That's correct, you cannot change something such as decay.scale without restarting the server. It needs to be run through the startup script. decay.scale 0 would turn decay off, some variables such as radiation use true or false statements, with a little googling you can figure out what's needed.