1. This post is mainly for validation from one of the Oxide devs. I've been having rcon issues with my host using Rusty or any other rcon tool and they insist it's Oxide's end. I've told them I've tested it on other Oxide servers NOT hosted through them and it works fine. Here is the response I've gotten.

I honestly think this is a load of crap, could anyone verify this?

In advanced, thanks.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide doesn't control or touch RCON, so not sure what else to say. I have no issues with RCON with Oxide installed either.

3. That's all I needed thanks, I'll link them this post. I can't wait to switch to my dedicated box, this is getting stupid. They keep blaming me for my plugins, saying my server is crashing when I have no crash logs. They take no responsibility for any of their issues, i'm losing my mind over this crap.

Thanks again, Wulf.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

5. Yeah, I run it with no issues. I clone my server locally same Oxide build / Rust protocol and I have no issues. It's only when those files are located @FPSPlayers that I experience this, which leads to them. And despite this post I've linked them they are still saying I'm wrong. :(

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I've been doing a bit more testing with your remote server, which likely has the same TCAdmin setup that FPSPlayers has. With vanilla Rust and Oxide, I can connect, but with Oxide installed it shows as "Not connected" and doesn't show any replies or information, even though it is connected. While I doubt this is directly related to Oxide, I'll have to look and see why it may be doing this.

989f9940b1d790316f4c31e55c5712a3.png 7bd5653e6cfdfb324326d788d560b01b.png

7. Yay! :) Last time I checked, I was able to connect to mine though. Let me re-confirm this.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441497017][/DOUBLEPOST]I just did some testing, so It has to be TCAdmin?

[​IMG]

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not that I can tell, it may be a hook issue with Oxide, just not sure why. I've managed to get it to work somewhat, but I'm investigating to see what may be causing it. I've been getting mixed results though, so it's proving difficult to figure out.

045c0cf3401bd00af17437592c748e32.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441500240][/DOUBLEPOST]So a little update... With and without Oxide on my remote server, RCON only successfully connects fully once, then it "connects", but shows "not connected" after that. I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm not aware of any changes related to this with Rust, and Oxide doesn't appear to be affecting it. The results can be so mixed though, that it can be hard to pin down the culprit.

9. Another Update,

The tool itself is not reporting back any information from the server such as players, chat, etc.... However, with Oxide installed and even though the green box on the tool says not connected I am still able to send a test chat message to servers. I am able to check the status, kick, ban, and perform many other tasks but again... no information is being reported back to the tool itself. However, in our TCAdmin environment you can see the actions being performed by clicking on our Web Console.

I am not sure if this helps you at all Wulf. I will attempt to contact the developer of Rusty as well to get their input on the matter. Thank you for continuing to look into the issue.

-Chris

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's pretty much what we encountered too. @Mughisi and I have been trying to figure it out for the past few hours. We'll have to take another look when our brains are refreshed. I was able to change the initial connection with a couple of our console hooks disabled though. If you'd like, try the attached DLL below.

The general "not connected" issue though after the first connection disappears when you hit "Refresh" on the Rusty client, though I'm not sure why it happens it the first place, but it isn't related to Oxide.

11. Okay, tested and working in our environment. Any chance I can get you to commit that to your GitHub as, for us, Oxide is pulled straight from there?

-Chris

12. Thank you all for looking into this, I truly appreciate your time.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, the problem is those hooks are used for our custom console (tab completion, command history, etc.), so we need to figure out why it's causing the initial "not connected" issue.

14. Works for me too. Thanks Wulf
    (Rusty, RustAdmin Tool and Rust:IO Console work now)

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The latest Oxide snapshots have this fixed now by the way. If you see any "Not connected" messages after the initial connect/disconnect, just hit "Refresh" on your RCON client; that's not an issue on our end though. I'll be putting out a release soon.

16. Well, i still have the problem and cant connect no idea what to do !!

17. I havent been able to get rusty to work at all for a week. No other Rcon tools have an issue. I have heard that changing the Rcon port to 0 is a fix but i have not tried to confirm as it requires me to change all my Rcon tools.

Connected green light - no connection
    Admin log 03/12/2017 17:32:35 > Connected

Consoole
    Connecting to server
    Success

No return of commands or console/server player info

Disconnects 30 secs

Clicking View console logs crashes the client