PvX Selector

Allows PvE/PvP Gameplay on one server.

Total Downloads: 683 - First Release: Apr 21, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 10, 2017

5/5, 14 likes
  1. Alphawar submitted a new resource:

PvX Selector - A mod to allow PVE and PVP on a single server (WIP)

Read more about this resource...

2. Do you think you could add a timer for new players? When a new player joins they can select what they want, if they select pve they get protection for a set time within the cupboard radius then it's pvp after that? I will test this.

3. Alphawar updated PvX Selector with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1461214120,1461206846][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Im not looking at a setting like that for the time being as this is a mode purely designed to allow pvp and pve players to share one server as this mod was a requested mod.
    But I will keep it in mind.

4. I really like the idea of this mod, once it offers correct building protection I will for sure be using it on my server.

5. Thank you for that feedback, this is indeed something I am currently working on, I am just seeing the best way to impliment it.

6. Neat Idea, but curious, any way to differentiate between PVE players and PVP players whilst running around on server? Or just shoot at everyone and see who dies?

Maybe different chat color names for PVE and PVP players too? lol I dunno just ideas xD

Great work! :)

7. Thats always a nice idea :).
    This is a WiP so there will be more, once I get the building stuff mostly intergrated I will be looking at that, my first part will be a PM to the player shooting either stating "You are PvE" or "(name) is PvE". Im looking at what else I can do including if its possible to alter the name above a players head.

8. Alphawar updated PvX Selector with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1461245160][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Feel free to check this mod out now as it now offers a basic building system. I will need to rewrite mod in a way to allow more functions to be availalbe.

9. Thanks mate for getting onto that so promptly, my server has a map wipe next week and I will be taking advantage of this plugin for sure!

I'm really not sure how you could over come this but I could see there being issues where lets say a clan has five members and one builds a PVE house and the others are all PVP but store their C4 or other desired goodies in the PVE members base. Any thoughts on how to prevent this?

10. Ive asked that question on the forum to see what solutions people come up with, the next rewrite will fragment the entitytakedamage properly so that I call pvp to one function and PvStructure to another function that way I can add some capability to damage PvE buildings, it would just talk less damage per attack.
    This means PvE is still raidable, but other than that I am investigating a way of telling if its a mixed players home.

11. You could disallow pvp players to loot/open boxes in a pve base. It wouldn't stop them from giving their gear to a pve team mate but it would make the whole process harder for them. If you wanted to go further you could use zonemanager and that plugin that puts zones around buildings and just block them from entering the area entirely. It's a tricky thing to achieve either way so good luck :p

12. Also how about when your getting shot at can't you just change your mode to stop it then and there?

13. I believe once you have chosen either pve or pvp if you want to change you must submit a ticket and a admin has to confirm the change

14. Thanks @k1lly0u for that Idea, I will look at both zones and blocking looting.
    @DylanSMR: The player can "Request" a change at any time and can provide a reason for why using the intergrated ticket system, They can not change with out the acceptance of an admin.
    I decided this as even a cooldown of one week could be abused (eg be PvE for a week or 2, then go PvP when you have a massive stockpile.)

15. Ah, I see. I was looking into the code and didn't see it. Must have missed it lol. Good plugin :D

16. Thanks.
    In terms of the ticket you didnt have to look far, at the very top of the mod I have a Dictionary called ticketCount and all the ticket data is stored in the PlayerInfo hash (ChangeRequested,Reason).
    Also it does state about the ticket function on the info page, but I will admit that its not that pollished as this mod is still a WIP as I am looking at how to solve people abusing the PvE building damage reduction.
    If you have any ideas post em here: Ideas on how to handle bases with mixed PvP/PvE players | Oxide
    Im looking for something that would allow PvE and PvP players to live together if possible as some friends may not both want PvE or PvP. otherwise I may have to look at making PvE and PvP players unable to build near each other.

17. You could do a clan system, where a clan gets a mode chosen at creation but can change using the normal procedure. Just seems useful for clan problems.

18. That was an Idea but making my own clan system would have taken some decent time and since most servers already use RustIO clans I didnt want to conflict there.
    In saying that, I could make it that a clan owner could select PvP or PvE and any one in the clan would be that, but it still wouldnt resolve players who are not in a clan, I say this as a lot of players ive seen who play together either dont make a clan or just make there own random clan names.

19. You can use RustIO:Clans API to handle creation and stuff of it. Or to check when a clan is created and have the owner set it.
    Code:
    Plugin APIThis plugins provides a simple to use API for other plugins to utilize:
    GetClan(tag:string):JObject
    Returns a JObject (reference Newtonsoft.Json.dll) representing the clan using the specified tag or null if there is no such clan. The JObject contains the following properties: tag:string, description:string, owner:string, moderators:JArray, members:JArray, invited:JArray. All members are represented by their SteamID as a string.GetClanOf(player:ulong|string|BasePlayer):string
    Returns the clan tag of a player's clan or null if the player is not a member of a clan.GetAllClans():JArray
    Returns an array of all clan tags.
    The plugin also calls the following hooks (no return behavior) on changes:
    OnClanCreate(tag:string)
    Called when a new clan has been createdOnClanUpdate(tag:string)
    Called when clan members or invites change. Note: Make sure not to do any clan updates within your hook method, as this would most likely result in an infinite loop.OnClanDestroy(tag:string)
    Called when a clan is disbanded or deleted

20. I am aware of the Clan API and was thinking of that but as stated its not a complete catchall situation, I know it will be hard and may need more than just one check but I want to do what I can to catch as many people out from being able to abuse it, this includes clands, friends or just random players working together.
    But still thanks for the feedback