1. Hi i want to make server on private ip address and it doesnt have internet connection .
    im config a server on internet ip address and change ip to private and say:
    could not resolve host: api.facepunch.com i know but i cant connect with ip address on consol say steam auth timeout

how can i fix this?
    or how can i remove my server from server list if on internet?

2. It will never work as it needs to be connected to the internet

3. i see somebody do this rust server without internet and when rust or plugins update connect internet for update them

4. It needs the internet to connect server wont run without it

5. if you cant do this thats not true it can not be done

6. You just contradicted yourself

7. any body here cant help?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The server needs to be connected to the internet to play as it uses Steam authentication.

9. i say some servers do this and dont have problem

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They're either cracked or they are still connected to the internet then.

11. Sorry for the necro but...... This is actually so much aids... I spent weeks making my server just the way i want it with plenty of mods and things to do, it's all in a great working state and extremely fun to play and continue to modify, I absolutely love this game... Unfortunately I'm moving somewhere without internet and and the developers of this awesome game have rendered it completely useless without an internet connection, even though they supply us with the dedicated server software... Really? And I bet any money if I spoof the steam auth to continue enjoying the game I love then as soon as i move back to an internet connection i will get ****ing VAC ban aye, total bull**** if you ask me. If the devs look at oxide forums and see this then just know I would pay through my **** hole for the simple convenience of being able to host my dream server offline without later being VAC ban. It's literally impossible for me to get the internet where I am moving... I'm so filthy on this... now i only can play once a month when i go into the city and what is the point in that? at least if if i could do my thing at home then I could buy new skins ect. once a month in the city with my laptop which is what my client and server are on and it runs nice as.. they are fucking themselves and content creators out of money as i'm sure i am not the only person in this position.

12. Dont let playing games and the internet run your life

13. OxideMod is not related to FacePunch-Studios, no one of FP and/or the game developers will listen here to what you have to say. You might need to find the right audience direct on the FP forums.