1. Recently, my server has always been attacked by DDOS, and how to hide my real IP address

2. GRE Tunnel / Proxy :)

3. I've been DDOSed several dozen or even hundreds of times. I wish there was a way to catch the attackers. Luckily I have DDOS protection which usually mitigates attacks to just a minor lag spike

4. Now, why not let game developers not display IP when they connect
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498480829][/DOUBLEPOST]Or display the domain name at the time of publication so that I can only add a lot of IP resolution to the domain name to prevent the attack from being very low cost

5. I believe it is because a lot of times when a server is first set up, it doesn't appear on the list until the admin connects via IP. I highly recommend you use the VAC Ban Blocker and VPN Blocker in universal plugins as that should at least help the issue a little at least. There is also security programs you can install on your server system to help. But really IMO the best bet against DDOS is using a rented host that comes with good protection, such as host havoc.

There is no way in any game on steam to block your server IP from being shown from what I can tell... without using a proxy which will just interfere with server performance anyway. But I don't think visible server IP is so much a developer decision as much as it is a necessity for steam's built in server functions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  6. I'm still suffering from this problem, because it costs a lot of money to rent a host, so I can't make a good free server

7. How do you know you are getting DDOSed in the first place? Just curious

8. The server I rented is very cheap, so there is no DDOS defense, but there will be a reminder of the DDOS attack

I'm renting more expensive servers now, and it's defensive, but I haven't been able to test other people's attacks, and because of the expensive costs, it's hard for me to make a free server right now

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2017
  9. There are platforms that convert IP to virtual, and hopefully steam will improve, too