Portals

Create portals allowing players to walk through to another location

Total Downloads: 3,736 - First Release: Jul 16, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

5/5, 17 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Make sure you’re still using the latest Oxide build.

2. Ah yes, thank you Wulf

3. @LaserHydra

Great mod LaserHydra, have been really enjoying it. I did find a bug though. Whenever reloading/unloading the mod, portal objects don't properly remove themselves. I found the issue to be how you named your function. Please make the following change to fix it as oxide does not recognize Unloaded() in its API.

Code:
    private void Unloaded()// Change to //private void Unload()

4. So I've been trying to investigate what has been plaguing my server with lag spikes during garbage collections. This is the only mod I've found where the problem went away after unloading it. I re-enabled the mod and removed all the portals. The problem again went away. I then created two portal objects, entrance and exit. The problem returned. Somehow the portal objects are causing this problem.

I started noticing the lag spikes occur exactly whenever I get one of the following garbage collection msges. And I only get these when running Portals with any portals enabled.
    Code:
    (23:45:46) | [Oxide] 23:45 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1410ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:46:40) | [Oxide] 23:46 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1443ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:47:18) | [Oxide] 23:47 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1454ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:47:57) | [Oxide] 23:47 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1393ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:48:28) | [Oxide] 23:48 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1421ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:48:57) | [Oxide] 23:48 [Warning] Calling 'OnNpcTarget' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1559ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:49:34) | [Oxide] 23:49 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1437ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:50:12) | [Oxide] 23:50 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1545ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    (23:51:24) | [Oxide] 23:51 [Warning] Calling 'CanNetworkTo' on 'Vanish v0.4.1' took 1476ms [GARBAGE COLLECT]
    I don't get these messages on my test server, but maybe because there are no player entities to call CanNetworkTo? I didn't get these messages when I started using Portals, so don't have much of an idea of what is going on. I also get these messages for other mods, not just Vanish. Just easier to consistently generate the message when Vanish is active.

Edit:
    I was thinking about all the changes the Rust devs have been talking about making changes to garbage collection to improve performance. Is there possibly a new conflict introduced between the game and this mod resulting in my garbage collection issue with the mod?

Edit:
    Seems I still have the same issue when Portals isn't loaded, but get the garbage collect warning once every 10 minutes instead of once every 30 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
  5. For some reason I am unable to remove my portals... I type /portal remove <nameofportal> and it shows it removing it even in the .json configuration... However, when i stepped into the area, where I had the entrance portal... it still works.... I even went as far as removing the plugin from the plugins folder and the portals still worked.... strange....

6. You need to make this change to fix any portals created in the future, but it won't get rid of the portals currently bugged. You'll need to restart your server to fixed those currently bugged ones.

7. Thanks, ill give it a go

8. (01:32:21) | Error while compiling: Portals.cs(432,24): error CS0411: The type arguments for method `BaseEntity.ClientRPCPlayer<T1,T2,T3,T4,T5>(Network.Connection, BasePlayer, string, T1, T2, T3, T4, T5)' cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying the type arguments explicitly

Help !

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Portals with a new update entry:

10. You are a killer !! Thanks Wulf.

11. Thanks that works :)

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Portals with a new update entry:

13. hmm love the plugin however as an admin i cant walk through portals o_O i have all the permissions. LOL am i special or something?? or can someone point me in the right direction @Wulf wink wink nudge nudge your the genius in these situations XD

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you checked and verified that you have the permissions?

15. Ha yea bud first thing i checked XD. Its a surprisingly common one that. However. I will triple check. It is a strange one. I was called to the server to test the plugin and im watching everyone teleport and then i drop out if the sky walk into the portal bubble and not even text showing in chat for me. Is for everyone else XD. Im not really bothered lol i can fly and tp for the win. But i wanted to see the awesomeness. Im assigned the the admin group obvs. And other admins can use it. Think it just might be a bug and a reload may be in order im just worried ill wipe the portals already created in the process. Ill do some tinkering to see what i can uncover. I threw this up hoping someone has come across this before lol

16. Reloading the plugin will not wipe your portals, so that is something you should be able to try without problems.

17. I should have worded that better, delete the .cs and upload latest version aggain. BUT NOT delete the .json

18. All the portals are saved seperately from the .cs
    Reuploading, would normally result in the same effect as reloading (if you load the same version).

19. screenshot_169 — Postimage.org i am getting
    Duplicate permission registered 'portals.use' (by plugin 'Portals')

in console........any idea how to fix this? or?

anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  20. @LaserHydra will have to update the plugin for this, those are however only warnings and are safe to just ignore for now.