1. Well, here I am again with the same issue. I went through our earlier troubleshooting example, still not fixed. Does Oxide need to be updated with the new RoK update, or am I having a new issue? Thanks in advance!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide is updated already, just make sure you installed it after you updated Reign of Kings.

3. Maybe I tried the fix before Oxide updated? I'll try again.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1481602344][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, still not working.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What exactly isn't working about it? Does the oxide.version command work?

5. The oxide.version command is no longer working. Before when I had an issue with the plugins not responding, that command still worked. I've re-installed Oxide.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide is not installed if that command does not work. Make sure you are not running an updates to the game after installing Oxide.

7. I have just redone everything I have before. My order is this: stop server, download update, delete plugins, delete logs, re-installed Oxide, added plugins, and finally restart the server. My server is still showing that Oxide is not installed. Under my mod options on my server's control panel, I have Oxide selected.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You never need to delete plugins. You also do not need to restart the server to load plugins. Even if your control panel says it is installed, that doesn't mean it is just that it once was. There's no other way to explain it than Oxide isn't installed if the oxide.version command doesn't work.

9. Ok, so I'm seeing all the Oxide files under my server files. I don't understand why RoK is not recognizing the Oxide files (I guess?). Maybe this is a server hosting issue? I'm so sorry that I appear difficult. I'm not so familiar with coding and I don't understand why suddenly my server isn't showing as having Oxide installed.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All of the files don't matter if the actual modded files are not replaced that actually make Oxide load. Make sure the server is fully shutdown, then re-install Oxide completely. When Oxide is successfully installed, the oxide.version command will work.

11. Alright, I just shut down my server, re-installed Oxide, and the server is still not recognizing oxide.version. Is there a certain folder on my PC where I should extract the Oxide download to? I've always kept it in my "downloads" file.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it doesn't matter where you download it to, you just need to upload it to the right location and make sure ALL files are replaced.

13. Ok, that has to be the problem. I'm going to double check my server files. In the mean time, I just noticed this error show as of yesterday. Do you see any potential issues with this that is keeping me from moving forward?

"
    Unity Player [version: Unity 5.1.1p2_82544090e14f]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module mono.dll at 0033:e7544098.

Error occurred at 2016-12-06_080058.
    C:\sspanel\gameservers\rok\7319\ROK.exe, run by Administrator.
    99% memory in use.
    36855 MB physical memory [88 MB free].
    147419 MB paging file [1 MB free].
    8388608 MB user address space [8386632 MB free].
    Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation."

For some reason, it won't let me upload the full file.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Upload which file? That error is most likely from using an outdated Assembly-CSharp.dll from an Oxide bundle with a newer RoK version. You'd need to make sure you get the latest.

15. My WinSCP is refusing to let me replace _start-example.bat and CSharpCompiler.exe. I had no problem replacing the other files.

My server files show that the last change to the Assembly-CSharp.dll file was yesterday after the error message.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those first two aren't as important, but ideally you'd need to update the .exe going forward else you will have issues. If your host has a control panel option, just use it to "uninstall" Oxide then reinstall it. If it still doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting your host to make sure they are pulling the latest version and that your server is fully updated with RoK.

17. Uninstalled Oxide and reinstalled. Now my server isn't opening at all. I'll be contacting my server host from here. Thank you for all your time and help!

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

These are the steps I'd take normally for updating/installing:
    1. Shutdown the server entirely, kill it if needed
    2. Run SteamCMD or whatever updater your host provides for the game
    3. Make sure your server is shutdown still, other stop it again
    4. If manually updating/installing Oxide, make sure ALL files are uploaded
    5. If updating/installing via a control panel, use "reinstall" if available, else use "uninstall" and "install" for Oxide
    6. Start the server, and then check the oxide.version command (no version = not installed properly)

19. One..... Year..... Later...... after you reinstall oxide you might need to change the save slot in the config file to whatever you had previously. Then start server.