1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They aren't the cause, but yes, it is indeed the issue as you can see by the logs. The correct DLL is included with each Oxide build.

2. (01:57:44) | Protocol: 1959

Build Version: 1150.84

Build Date: Friday, February 03, 2017 8:09:11 PM

Unity Version: 5.4.2f2

Changeset: 18767

Branch: /main

Oxide Version: 2.0.3024

Attached Files:

3. Alright, I honestly was about to make a video step by step to show you that I was updating it correctly, but after downloading Oxide the same way I was just now, I finally got it to work randomly. I'm not sure what was causing it to not apply the updated "newton" file since I tried everything.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Same issue, using the older Newtonsoft.Json. You can fix it by updating Oxide full while your server is offline.

5. but looking here: GitHub - OxideMod/Oxide: Core mod and extensions for the Oxide mod framework.

I'm confused as to why we need to update again if we're running what seems to be the latest version.

I guess I can apply it again but has their been a new version and it's just not showing on there or do we think it just didn't apply correctly?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Newtonsoft.Json issue was from builds a way ago, which was resolved. If you had an old version, you need to update, otherwise some plugins will have issues. Rust also updated today, so you should be updating either way, but your issue is because I what I mentioned.

7. I own a Rust Server from Gameservers.com, got most of the plugins set up and everything was good until it seemed the server crashed. I cannot reconnect, and I cannot connect through RCON. I've contacted the host support but they aren't much help. Very rarely it lets me connect to the server on rust, and it gets to the final parts of loading, but then the entire server freezes, the rcon/console is completely unresponsive. I checked through my oxide logs and everything seems to be Okay, no errors. The one thing that does seem to have errors is this file:

[SERVER v1.0.24] Started as service [SERVER v1.0.24] Running as service [SERVE - Pastebin.com

Thats the compiler log in oxide/logs so I'm assuming its a compiler error but I have no clue on how to fix it.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Shutdown the server and do a full install of Oxide. Make sure to replace ALL files included under the RustDedicated_Data/Manged folder, particularly the Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

9. My server host does not give me access to edit/remove the .dll's in that file, but I turned off the server, updated the server, and reinstalled oxide with my hosts mod install section. This allowed me to join the server, but I'm stuck at "Recieving data" and the server has seemed to freeze up again, RCON wont respond to my commands. My compiler log seems to be the same.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd suggest shutting down, doing a Rust update, then installing the latest Oxide build again. It's likely you're getting an old cached build.

11. Alright just did that again, same problem, same compiler log. I'm seeing the oxide dll's get removed and replaced during the installation, however the "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" doesn't seem to change, still says the last time it was modified was a few hours ago.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Hmm, not sure what their setup is then, but you may want to contact them. The newer DLL is included with our builds, so not sure why your host isn't updating to it when it installs Oxide. I still think it's a caching issue though.

13. Yeah I'm attempting to contact them now, guess there isn't anything I can do until they update their oxide install to your guys most recent build.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most should be using the snapshots from GitHub, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be getting the latest.

15. "Automatically retrieves the latest available version of Oxide 2 and installs it to your server."
    This is exactly what it says, but I downloaded your guys build off this website and I'm looking at the times modified of the .dll files and comparing them to the ones that are installed on my server and its not the same, I guess its grabbing whatever build you guys put out a few hours ago and not the new one.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's somehow catching an old build then, because the DLL you have is from about a week ago.

17. Hi, I'm having a similar issue. I'm just getting into plugin development and am trying to start up a local server. The server works fine, I can connect, but no plugins load, nor am I able to load them with oxide.load. I didn't find any errors in the logs. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind I put it in the wrong plugins folder t-t

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your logs for errors. This thread is for a particular dependency issue that was resolved.