1. I recently have been getting a lot of people PM'ing me asking where they can find some basic plugins, like gather manager, help text, among many others.

So its a fact that the plugins section its getting bigger and bigger over time and it's probably a good idea to start thinking in plugin categories for a better search, where people can select categories to find specifc plugins.

So Plugin Devs should give their plugins the categories they see fit for their plugin's purpose so it's easier to sort the list.

That's my suggestion, maybe someone else has some better ideas for this matter?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2015
  2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Tags support is there, but it hasn't been enabled yet. We'll be enabling it once we integrated it into the default site theme. The searching does work though, simply entering "gather" would give you Gather Manager on the first page of results, though it isn't as refined as I'd like it to be.

3. But it's not always accurate, i speak for myself now

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Like I said, it's not as refined (accurate) as I'd like.

5. I bet he meant that player could find plugins by categories

Like:
    • Chat
    • Admin tools
    • Economy
    I would like to agree with him, it would be really useful.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, I know what he meant.

7. Since there are so many plugins, especially in the Rust section,
    it would be cool if we could categorize/tag them and then be able to search/view them by category/tag.

Now what to name the categories/tags? I have no idea, could allow plugin developers / plugin users to create their own.

Examples:
    Admin, Server Maintenance, Economy, Visual, Messaging, Damage, Cheaters, Lights, Reward, etc

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It won't be happening on the current site.