1. Hi,

I used to run a Rust server some time ago. I have a new one. I remember most things about configuration. Everything looks ok except I can't use the chat commands for plugins. It just says ''Unknown Command''.

I read every post about this here and steam but can't seem to fix it because I don't see anything wrong.

Server installed, oxide installed, plugins installed, ownerid set.. what else is there?

Almost non of the commands work and only some of the plugins barely work.

Any ideas?

2. Check to make sure your plugins are loaded (type "plugins" in console. To load a plugin, type "load Pluginname)

3. When I type ''plugins'' to the console it lists all 17 plugins. When I use load Pluginname, there is no response. And commands are still unknown. :<
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484713164][/DOUBLEPOST]My thread was moved under here, a solved thread but totally irrelevant. Why?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sorry about that, it happened to be around the same time as a known issue, and it looked to be the same. :)

5. Hi Wulf,

No problem, I was just confused :) I think my problem might be a permission thing? But it wouldn't say Unknown command right?
    These plugins are working but I can't control them because of this command problem.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which plugins specifically, and which commands did you try? Also, which Oxide version are you currently on and do you have any errors in your oxide/logs?

7. Nope, just infos and warnings. I don't see anything important.

I have Kits, DeathNotes, GatherManager, InfoPanel, ZLevels, TP, Remover, QS...

I mean any chat comman like /kit /deathnotes /ipanel... everything is Unknown Command

idk my oxide version but I installed from gameservers control panel.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check the oxide.version RCON or console command.

9. Okay, the oxide version is v2.0.2936

What do you mean check RCON or console command?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I meant via RCON or console. Do you see any errors in your logs?

11. No, the same version. I'm check rest of the oxide logs. Infos of loaded plugins.. nothing special.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload your oxide/logs here please?

13. there ya go

Attached Files:

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does the /vanish command work?

15. No, using the chat cmd it's the same but it might be the only command which gives a different error than Unknown when entered into the console, it says ''Sorry, you can't use vanish right now''
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484717379][/DOUBLEPOST]I restarted the server and my console started spamming this
    Code:
    AddUI: Unknown Parent: Clock
    InfoPanel is also gone. idk why
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484718232][/DOUBLEPOST]I just uploaded a new plugin. Reconnected to the server and it works. But again, can't use the command for it so I can't change anything about it.
    It's the very simple rules pop-up thing. /rule > Unknown Command

So frustrating

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your commands are working fine then, you just aren't using valid commands. InfoPanel doesn't use chat commands, DeathNotes doesn't use chat commands. I'm not sure what the AddUI is coming from, but it sounds like your config for InfoPanel is not setup right as you've also got an error for that in your logs.

17. InfoPanel plugin page says /ipanel is a command. and /Kit is a valid command? There are also other commands for other plugins with chat cmds which don't work. And nothing works either in chat or console anways. It's so weird.

That one error just popped is InfoPanels but what about the rest? All ui addons showing and looks like working but absolutely no commands! :(

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Hmm, didn't think it did. Are you sure you are on the build you mentioned?

19. You mean Oxide build? That's what RCON says, yeah.

Idk maybe I don't remember smth very important and it f'ed it up. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you try updating to the latest? It seems you may actually be on an affected build that the other thread was related to.