Player Challenges

Allows titles to be set when certain criteria are met, with a UI Leader board

Total Downloads: 5,647 - First Release: Nov 11, 2015 - Last Update: May 5, 2018

5/5, 20 likes
  1. BetterChat v5.0.3

Edit: Server is being updated to the latest version of Rust as we speak.

2. the config you are using is wrong you need to delete it and reload the plugin I also need you to upload the betterchat.json file from your data folder

3. Oh. Deleted the config file for it to be recreated on server start. Added the BetterChat.json file from data folder.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1487280696][/DOUBLEPOST]Recreating BetterChat.json worked. Thanks Resistance.

Attached Files:

4. I am still having this error.
    Code:
    (17:57:40) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:57:42) | Failed to call hook 'OnItemCraftFinished' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:57:44) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:57:47) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:57:54) | Failed to call hook 'OnCollectiblePickup' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:57:55) | Failed to call hook 'OnCollectiblePickup' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:00) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:03) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:05) | Failed to call hook 'OnItemCraftFinished' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:08) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:12) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (17:58:24) | Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    Is there no way to fix this?

5. This plugin works great and I hope to use it on my server for a long time. I'm a little bit anal about having a "common look and feel" on everything, so I went and modified it to allow a little more flexibility in text colors, and modified the names a bit to distinguish them from each other better...

The color section in the config now looks like this:

Code:
      "Colors": {
        "CHAT_TitleColor": "#999999",
        "MSG_ColorMsg": "#DDDDDD",
        "MSG_ColorName": "#5599FF",
        "MSG_ColorTitle": "#99FF00",
        "UI_ColorHeader": "yellow",
        "UI_ColorScore": "#FF9900",
        "UI_ColorText": "#DDDDDD",
        "UI_ColorTitle": "#99FF00"
      },
    If you feel like adding this to it, I can upload the new plugin for you to check out... If not I guess I'll have to just redo it when I update to the next version :D

I also have a thought/suggestion that it would be cool if it would give a new title holder a (configurable) prize... and specify "prize=true" for certain titles.

Thanks for the plugin regardless!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  6. @k1lly0u Does this plugin stop monitoring actions that are 'disabled' in the config? :) I'm finding even with only 4 items related to Kills, this plugin will still lag the server even when there is minimal PvP action.

7. Hello, plugin don't work, I have some errors :
    Code:
    [Error] Failed to call hook 'cmdPC' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    Code:
    [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnDispenserGather' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    Code:
    [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnEntityBuilt' on plugin 'PlayerChallenges v2.0.8' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

8. Just as a heads up to everyone, even if you disable certain checks in the config file they can still cause server lag since the hook appears to still be active. If you open up the file they're stored in clear plain text, if you remove them it will resolve a lot of lag :) (especially on item crafted and structures built for insta and high gather rate servers).

9. Hi i was wondering if it is currently possible to remove the AI from leaderboard eg on my server i use the HumanNPC to create Military at towns to add a little more action to my very low populated / new server but it adds One NPC to each scoreboard etc, marine802 will be on player kills, then marine111 will be on animal kills, etc

is it possible on the current version to do this? and if so how :) Thanks for your help everyone over the past 2 days :)

Edit forgot to add a picture Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2017
  10. hi all
    i use better chat and the player challenges. /pc works fine. but i dont see any rank in names since one week :-( can anyone help me ?
    i have reinstall betterchat and player challenges without delete the config files.. only reinstalled .cs but dont work

have anyone a idea ?

11. Any Idea how to fix this issue
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.GetPlayerTitles (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+ChatGroup.FormatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

12. plugin needs fixed for the new update.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please provide details when reporting issues.

14. Prob the IsAdmin, A lot of plugins are not working

15. yea sorry didn't get a chance to copy the text, just figured i'd make it known really quick as i was going through. sorry about that.

16. Error while compiling: PlayerChallenges.cs(550,25): error CS1955: The member `BasePlayer.IsAdmin' cannot be used as method or delegate

17. Plugin not working after update

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated Player Challenges with a new update entry:

19. Is it possible to prevent players from just killing their friends over and over again to get to the top of the chart?

20. [Better Chat] Error when trying to get third-party title from plugin 'Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges' System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Oxide.Plugins.PlayerChallenges.GetPlayerTitles (IPlayer player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat+ChatGroup.FormatMessage (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Help pls