1. Hi, i would like to make a modded dev branch server. I currently have a vanilla dev branch server hosted in my PC. Some hours ago, Wulf told me i had to patch it myself with http://oxidemod.org/resources/oxide-patcher.776/. And i need a little help with this, this is what i did:

- Downloaded Oxide Patcher
    - Downloaded lastest Oxide Snapshot
    - Created a folder for Oxide
    - Created a folder and copied the OxidePatcher and the Oxide.Core.dll into it.
    - I launched OxidePatcher and created a new proyect. I created another folder and moved the .opj into it, and with Notepad++ modified the TargetDirectory to Managed from the Oxide folder.
    - Then opened it with the OxidePatcher and added every Assembly.
    - After that, i pressed into patch and it was created another Oxide.Core.dll.
    And now what do i have to do? Replace the old dll with the new one and add oxide to my server?

Help please.

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Assembly-CSharp.dll is what is important in your case (Oxide.Core.dll is not what it makes), but keep in mind that hooks often change in dev builds, so it's likely you have a few broken. I would generally recommend staying on the public/release branch of Rust though, as we do not support any of the other branches.

3. And is there any way to patch the Assembly-CSharp?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Like I said, it's likely that there are changes that need to be made, which is why we only support the release branch. Dev branch changes too often.

5. Ok, thank you very much althoug.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Hint though, the server/Oxide logs are a good place to check to see why it's not starting. ;)

7. Thank you, im new in this area :D
    [DOUBLEPOST=1428114330][/DOUBLEPOST]
    And how do the Intoxicated Server's guys patch it?

8. He Patches the server himself, @bawNg runs the Intoxicated server's.

9. Ok, thank you.

10. I use and maintain a custom set of hooks, which excludes many of the default Oxide hooks. This means there are far less moving parts and less to fix after updates, but I cannot use most public plugins, which isn't an issue in my case since I don't use any public plugins on my servers.