Solved Parachute for players

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by KΛWEN, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Hi, it is possible to code any plugin to add a parachute to the players and when they jump and press a key, a parachute appear over the player (like Counter Strike Zombie Mods), and they can skydive few meters from a tower they built or a rock.

Thanks.

2. You saw it on other server right :x?

And yes its possible.

3. you sure pain? lol. Ik you you propably are able to add a Parachute of the airdrops above you, but really make you glide?

4. no it's a false glide, it's just a walk around to make it as if you were parachuting ^^

5. tricky tricky I know. You would need to teleport yourself a little up and to the aiming direction repeated in a specific speed (Repeat Timer :p) while falling, so you seem to fall less quick and to the front direction

6. laser ^^
    just look at my fly plugin for legacy XD (casper)
    it's basically the SAME way ^^
    just you force players to fall slowly ^^

7. Nop haha I request on a server but I dont see it in any server, just in cs source

8. kk ^^ well then
    I would have done the strange shitty workaround xD. Idk shit about making players fall slowly.
    player.FallingSpeed = player.FallingSpeed / 3;
    lol

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Working on this now. I have the parachuting done, but still working on slowing the player's descent.

2015-11-15_00001.jpg

10. This mod would make things hella fun. I would make an event out of it

11. any update on this?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not yet, stuck on slowing the player down.

13. Can you send me the code to see if i can finish it?
    I wont upload it, if i finish, i'll send it you back :p

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, I'd rather finish it.

15. Is it finished?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It got put on hold, still have to figure out how to slow a player's descent.

17. This is awesome if it works! Wouldn't it stress the server though if there is a lot of people parachuting?
    For descending can't you just set his position back a bit or will that show the loading screen?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Showing the loading screen was only done in some plugins to allow the client to load what is around them. You could teleport them back every little bit, but it'd be hacky and look bad probably.

19. We are waiting this plugin. :)

20. @NoN plugin devs: Plugin devs for the most part are NOT paid for their work. Plugin devs have REAL lives outside of this forum and the games. Also sometimes a plugin dev has a list of addons that they are working on and some take a higher priority over others. If you want this plugin sooooo bad here is some suggestions, either pay for the plugin to be moved up in priority or create it yourself.

@Wulf and other plugin devs: I greatly appeciate all the work yous do here and in making addons for others to use for free. Keep up the great work and keep plugging along, but dont forget to take a break for yourselves <3