1. Broadbent

Broadbent Naked Wanderer

Hi there,

I've been keeping my eye on the development of Oxide for The Forest for a while now and I'm very eager to start using it. I check it every day (no joke...)

I'm wondering how long it will be until we start to see some useful hooks added for The Forest. I understand that other games have a higher priority and The Forest often takes a backseat, but The Forest really needs Oxide!

Alternatively, is there a way to use Oxide in it's current state? For example, output "PewDiePie has joined." to chat when a player joins. (Any info there would be awesome!)

I don't mean to pester, asking with the best intentions.
    Love the project.

Thanks for your time :)

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

A lot of the universal plugins will already work with The Forest. You should be able to handle your example already with some of the existing.

3. Broadbent

Broadbent Naked Wanderer

Thanks for the quick response!

I don't see any possible way to do that looking at the API documentation. I could really use clarification or better yet, an example.

Thanks again.

4. Wulf

There isn't much documented for it yet, but I'd suggest trying some of the Universal Plugins to see what may work for you. Getting the documentation updated for The Forest is on the TODO list, as is adding more hooks and getting it more inline with the other games such as Rust.

5. Broadbent

Broadbent Naked Wanderer

I tested about 5 of the more basic ones and none of them worked. I'll take a look at the code and see if I can make my own from there.
    I have another question and it might be a silly one. What's this "covalence" I see all over these plugins?

Thanks

6. Wulf

Covalence is the codename for the universal API that we've been working on. Basically it would be a standard that plugins can use for them to work on each game Oxide supports.

7. Broadbent

Broadbent Naked Wanderer

I've been looking for a while and cannot find any documentation, guides or help on Covalence, if such a thing exists can you please link me?

Thanks for your help!

8. Wulf

It isn't documented yet, but you can look/search through the source for "OnUser" hooks which are for it. It likely won't be documented until we settle on a standard for it.