Request Oxide for From the Depths

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Tchou, May 13, 2015.

1. Hello! I'm pretty new to Oxide and I've been looking at the source of Oxide 1.18 (easier, less code :p) for the last 2 night and I haven't still figured how does the server (the Unity build) 'load' Oxide, and why do you ship Assembly-CSharp, is this a modified version that load Oxide.dll?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sorry, we do not support Oxide 1.18. I'd recommend looking into Oxide 2.0.

3. Yeah, i was expecting that kind of answer, never mind then I'll just figure it out myself.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

To give you a general idea, our patcher adds hooks to the game via its main DLL or EXE (in this case Assembly-CSharp.dll, but varies by game). Oxide 1.18 is pretty basic compared to what Oxide 2.0 can do though.

5. Ok, i'll look into that. Btw you should look at From The Depths (http://fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/) this game needs modding support (that's what i'm trying to achieve).

PS ; Sorry, if I sounded like an ass, not intended

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide 2.0 would be the route for that then, not 1.18. ;)

If it's a .NET game, it wouldn't take long for one of the Oxide team to add support for it granted they have the game.

7. You are right, but I was looking at 1.18 because it was simpler, I was only trying to hook a function the game dev made for me.
    Anyway, thanks for the advice ;)

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Using 1.18 would require a patcher, which doesn't exist for 1.18 anymore, so that makes it 100x more complicated.

9. oh, ok I see. Good things I asked :p

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, I picked up a copy of the game, so I'll follow it and see about adding support once multiplayer is available again.

For those that may want a copy of the game, Bundle Stars has it on sale for $6.79.

11. Good thing, do you have a rough (like week/month) ETA when the multiplayer will be back on? (I'll talk to the dev about that).

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I haven't heard anything from them, all I've seen is that it's "planned for the coming months" on their game info.

13. sorry, my english is bad, ETA for the modding support :p

and there is an actual multiplayer but it's under maintenance

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Once the game has multiplayer, I'll look into it. ;)

15. News from the dev, multiplayer will be up in about a week

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds good, I'll take a look then.

17. Btw, if you need any help, I have some knowledge in C#, tho i'm not that good so i'll probably be useless, but if you need any help about the game, don't mind asking ;)