Request Oxide for Blackwake

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by sjsoft, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Hi! Oxide will be supporting the Blackwake?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The game and server files are obfuscated, so it likely won't get much if any love until a tool is made/found to clean that up or the developers make it more open. We could add support, but it'd be more frustration and time than it's worth to try to figure out what is does what in the code. Even if basic support is added, it'd be frustrating for plugin developers to try to figure out how to do things and keep up with the obfuscation if it changes.

3. Please make this happen !!!!!!

4. We need support Oxide for Blackwake! Make Oxide Great Again!

5. Need Lua in it please :D

6. Greeting! How long will the development take? Oxide for Blackwake.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It won't be going any further until the issue I mentioned is resolved.

8. I tried out what you guys got now it works but need some functions XD

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Which won't happen while the code is obfuscated.

10. We tried to use oxide on Blackwake but with oxide blackwake gets stuck in a bootloop. I know there is not much added for Blackwake but im sure if oxide would't get blackwake into a bootloop some simple chat plugins would work.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It isn't supported right now, see the above replies. There are no hooks that are usable in plugins, including chat.

12. So its normall that it "crashes" "bootloops" the server at the moment. Either way would be cool to get a working version :p

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It isn't updated for the latest version, which there isn't really a point until we have something usable.

14. We noticed that, tho some basic chat hook would already make the game bettere like get join messages ready and stuff, but yeah i know how much work that is ;) and also i don't see the point if the game "fails" like h20 whats the point of doing something better to keep a eye on it and watch how the devs support it :p

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Can't add basic hooks if their position changes every game update.

16. Old thread reply here. If you had a text file with the obfuscated names and their original names could that be helpful?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Not really, it changes every build of the game. We have a tool to handle it, it just needs to be tweaked a bit.

18. Does this tool handle renaming? I have the list of names and their original names. I can continue to get the new list on updates. I just need to talk with Dakota from Blackwake to get it. I'll message him and see if he is cool with me sharing with you, if you like. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, just out of respect for his project and formality.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, but it'll mainly be generated names. You could probably attempt to remap the names to something that isn't generated, but it'd be easier to let the tool name them.

20. I understand, I use de4dot normally to handle renaming. However, this is a delimited list with the original names. So it should help.