Not an Issue Oxide folders not being created

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by cG.P01NT_MAN, May 21, 2015.

1. So I used the mod manager on TCadmin to install Oxide 2 and all the filer folders such as, Oxide.core, etc, etc, are in the file manager. However, the oxide folder isn't present in my Server Identity folder. Do I need to use the server.identity in the console one Oxide is installed to create an oxide folder under the server identity, or is this a server provider issue?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The default save location for both Rust and Oxide is server/my_server_identity if you do not have an identity set. If you do not see an oxide folder there after first run, then most likely Oxide is not installed or hasn't been ran once.

3. Okay, but I did install Oxide. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times using TCadmin's mod manager. I know oxide is installed because all the oxide file folders are in my servers FTP. The issue I'm having is the fact that there is no oxide folder in my "server/my_server_identity" folder. You mentioned that I might have haven't ran oxide yet? How do I run oxide? I need a guide on how to get Oxide to show up in my server Identity.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The folders are created once the server is started once with Oxide installed. If for some reason there is an issue, or the server was unmodded via SteamCMD updating, the folder won't be created. The Rust logs are a good place to check to see if there are any mentions or errors with Oxide too.

5. Okay I'll check the log viewer. But what's up with CMD? Isn't steam CMD only utilized if I'm running a server off my own IP? I thought that Steam CMD wasn't necessary for provided game servers? So if I download Steam CMD how would I connect it to my server?

6. Lol, Still looking for help with the following last question. RIP took us off track.

Okay I'll check the log viewer. But what's up with CMD? Isn't steam CMD only utilized if I'm running a server off my own IP? I thought that Steam CMD wasn't necessary for provided game servers? So if I download Steam CMD how would I connect it to my server?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

SteamCMD is how Steam games are updated generally, whether by you or your host.

8. okay so could I use CMD to upload oxide on to my GSP server? I just need to know how to get oxide to work/get in my server identity.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't know what your host provides, but most likely they have a button on the control panel to run SteamCMD to update the server. I don't know if the pull from our snapshots or if they manually update Oxide builds on the mod manager either, so that'd be something to talk to them about.

10. Alright, thanks. I'll do that.