1. Wul i have question my BetterLoot plugin stop reading setup from SupplyDrop.json and Blacklist.json and LootTable.json, you know maybe what is going on ? maybe it's all because that "[Core] Changed 'oxide' directory location to server root" ??

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unlikely, otherwise pretty much every plugin would be broken. Did you move the files to the new location or did you set the command-line to use the old?

3. i move the files to the new location

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you sure your server is using the new location?

5. i have to put oxide folder where are:
    [​IMG]

or where are:
    [​IMG]

All plugins work grat but only BetterLoot have problem with reading his setup...

6. I moved my existing Oxide folder to the new directory. When I want to make changes to plugins, I assume I do so in the NEW directory folder? I am not changing the directory location on my config line.

Edit - Does the old Oxide folder just sit there collecting dust now or is there something we have to do with it?

Edit 2 - Loaded up the new oxide folder, restarted the server (GameServers) and everything is working fine.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The oxide folder is in the root (look in your second screenshot) and is generated automatically if it doesn't exist. If you aren't setting +oxide.directory, it'd use the oxide folder in the seconds screenshot.

8. i have oxide in that place show up in second screenshot it's ok ?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493818155][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok all work OK now i just remove ' ' from BetterLoot.json and contenc look like that now:
    Code:
    {
      "Barrel": {
        "barrelTypes": "loot-barrel|loot_barrel|loot_trash",
        "enableBarrels": true,
        "maxItemsPerBarrel": 1,
        "minItemsPerBarrel": 1,
        "randomAmountBarrels": true,
        "refreshBarrels": true
      },
      "Crate": {
        "crateTypes": "crate_normal|crate_tools",
        "enableCrates": true,
        "maxItemsPerCrate": 1,
        "minItemsPerCrate": 1,
        "randomAmountCrates": true,
        "refreshCrates": true
      },
      "Generic": {
        "dropWeaponsWithAmmo": false,
        "enforceBlacklist": true,
        "listUpdatesOnLoaded": true,
        "listUpdatesOnRefresh": true,
        "pluginEnabled": true,
        "refreshMinutes": 1,
        "removeStackedContainers": true,
        "seperateLootTables": true
      },
      "HeliCrate": {
        "includeHeliCrate": false,
        "maxItemsPerHeliCrate": 3,
        "minItemsPerHeliCrate": 3,
        "randomAmountHeliCrate": true,
        "useCustomTableHeli": true
      },
      "Medical": {
        "crateTypes": "crate_normal_2_medical|dm medical",
        "enableCrates": true,
        "enforceBlacklist": true,
        "maxItemsPerCrate": 1,
        "minItemsPerCrate": 1,
        "randomAmountCrates": true,
        "refreshCrates": true
      },
      "Rarity": {
        "Override": {
          "autoturret": 4,
          "lmg.m249": 4,
          "targeting.computer": 3
        }
      },
      "SupplyDrop": {
        "includeSupplyDrop": true,
        "maxItemsPerSupplyDrop": 4,
        "minItemsPerSupplyDrop": 1,
        "randomAmountSupplyDrop": true,
        "useCustomTableSupply": true
      }
    }
    i just try to separate crate_normal and crate_tools from crate_normal_2_medical because they have this same content =/

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That wouldn't be related to this thread then, more a plugin-specific or config issue from the sound of it.

10. I carefully read the whole tread and i just ended up with broken blood vessels in both my eyes and my mouth full of fingernails. But i managed to figuer it out after all, after reading this quote a couple of times while scratching my head.

Quoting you Wulf: "To start with, the 'oxide' directory is now created and located under your game server's root location by default".

I asked myself,- what is a root location and where do i find it? Well i found out that "the root location" means the first place you go when you open the FTP client, after klicking the host-name. Here, instead of klicking "save" then "oxide" as i had to do before the update, i could now just klick "oxide" and i was in the right place. Added the mods into the plugin folder and now i feel like a genius. You can laugh now.

Maby reading this will help some of you other complete noobs out there.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The "root" location is where your RustDedicated.exe is, that's the install location also know as the root.

12. Quick Question Wulf, with the oxide dir location and config changes, will the command line in console still be the same after updating a plugin, by that I mean oxide.reload (plugin name)? Many Thanks in advance.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Commands have not changed.

14. Hey wulf sorry to bug you. A player on my server last night said that my server has gone back to vanilla. After I arrived home today the server is a vanilla server :/
    running:
    Protocol: 1982.143.1
    Build Date: 05/01/2017 07:45:28
    Unity Version: 5.6.0f3
    Changeset: 20409
    Branch: main
    Oxide Version: 2.0.3245
    No plugins are working or recognized. log files missing as i had just deleted them like an idiot. rebooted and no new log files generated. any Ideas? :) I know vague right :)

Pat

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If it shows Oxide as installed with the version command (it does in your paste), then you just need to make sure you're looking in the right location.

16. not sure what you mean by right location i have not changed any locations to any files.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

This thread that you posted under is about a location change, so it would have changed and so you'd need to make sure you are uploading to the right location as mentioned in the first post.

18. I use rustides tool that was recently updated. Does it not work now to properly update everything? Do I need to get off my ads and update manually again? I will go back and re read the opening to this.
    upload_2017-5-4_10-30-5.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493919771][/DOUBLEPOST]after yet another restart....
    upload_2017-5-4_10-42-33.png
    upload_2017-5-4_10-41-57.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493919927][/DOUBLEPOST]I got it wulf thanks :)

19. new update again ? and now serwer have problems starting up cmon... new oxide now ?

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust was updated today, so was Oxide for that. This thread is about the change made earlier this week.