1. Edit "update_script" and modify the app_update command as follows:

app_update 258550 -beta july2016

2. Much advice! Very thanks!

3. Hey Wulf, Me and a Friend are the Owner of a server called Sydney XP, we are the October2016 branch.

We currently looked through your github archive to find the oxide version 2.0.2622 but there isn't one in there. May I ask if you could pull this version out for us if possible or if you could teach me how to use the oxide patcher on how to use it please.

We are currently needing this to fix the craft.add bug and changing our servers xp rate and gather rate.

Appreciated in advance, Thanks.

4. Wulf, May I ask something of you please.

I am having trouble with Streamline Servers rn as I need to put my Assembly-CSharp.dll Files into my game-server hosted by them, but due it being a game-server I cannot do this manually by myself. They are required to do it on there side, but they won't do it unless the patch is approved and provided by an oxide developer.

May I ask if you could approve/provide the patch as proof to them so they could put it in.

The Assembly-CSharp.dll is apart of our server files and is actually required to be modified by myself to patch the craft.add exploit in the october2016 branch.

This is what they have told us;

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We do not support older game versions or Oxide builds, sorry. We can't keep updating and working branches for every game version that a game developer decides they'd like to keep available for a handful of users.

6. Hi I am having trouble patching the october 2016 branch of rust using the oxide patcher. I have tried to patch the server files using the oxide patcher and the rust.opj file from the same build as the october 2016 branch (build 1051.72)
    Oxide/Rust.opj at 82a411ecdea353763d8ec88a7b8d57a59ac255a5 · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub
    but when i tried to run the server all i got was a blank cmd screen that said starting server but did nothing
    Here is also a copy of the output_log.txt

Attached Files:

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You'll have to do a bit more than just patch if you're using the latest Oxide files, as there will be other changes in Oxide's core files for make it compatible unless you find the specific commit where it would be compatible for around that time period.

8. Hmmm do you know of anywhere to get a version from that time or could you give me some more information on what id have to change in the oxide core files?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm sure there are numerous changes between now and July/October of last year that would have to be changed. There is a commit history on GitHub with dates, so you should be able to find when an update was made around that time.

10. Commits · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub is this the place that you were talking about?

11. Hi guys! @Wulf please need some help here.

I've just downloaded beta version server (october2016) and also client for using it.
    By now im using it perfectly in vanila mode over community.
    1).is there a way for using oxide in that specific version?
    2) how can i know wich plugins i can use with that old oxide version? or it is a matter of "install & try"?
    Lots of thanks!!
    Tom

12. @Wulf So now that i read full thread, i understand theres no such a way on getting as simple as a oxide October version download link por beta. RIP beta modded versions.

13. trying to start server in beta july 2016
    and disconnected in last step of connection
    server connect 35.187.73.72:28015:28015
    cant solve :(