1. Мизантроп

Мизантроп Wood Hoarder

Please, add this hook

2. Loborl

Loborl Naked Wanderer

Hi All,

I have functional Clan plugin but most of all I would like to do something like Frendly Fire.
    If it were possible to add a hook that would allow to control the damages to the players I would be very grateful.
    If you already have a similar implementation I am very grateful for the advice :)

Thanks very much.

3. Russo-turisto

Russo-turisto Scavenger

Pls, add.
    void OnPlayerDamage(PlayerSession player, PlayerSession target)

LaserHydra likes this.
  4. AnonOps

AnonOps Naked Wanderer

Hey this message is for the oxide's devs.

Just want to know if it's possible to add a new Hook "OnPlayerHealthChange". I think that can be a good hook to make a godmode or an anti teamkill and more..
    I try to find that on the github repos but only exist for rust and others games

Russo-turisto likes this.
  5. Russo-turisto

Russo-turisto Scavenger

I think, need OnPlayerTakeDamage.

6. AnonOps

AnonOps Naked Wanderer

Yeah, the name of the hook is not important, just need the hook ^^'

7. Glumi Chan

Glumi Chan Scavenger

Push, why there is no answere to this?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Not everything is done instantly, it does take time and this hook isn't the only thing on the TODO list.

9. Glumi Chan

Glumi Chan Scavenger

My post wasnt mean offending or something ^^

I just thought cause the Post was from 2015 and no one said: "Yep recognized" or "Nope we dont do that" or something like that, that you maybe overseen this Post ^^

10. Wulf

I didn't take it as that, just saying that there are other things to do as well, but we will get around to it all when able. ;)

Glumi Chan likes this.
  11. SouZa

SouZa Master Researcher Plugin Developer

Your awesome plugin developer ( who? Me! ) has discovered (maybe, still on test phase) a way to listen for player damage through oxide without using any kind of "OnTakeDamage" hook!

If all goes right you can say hello to Friendly-Fire Off for Hurtworld soon : )
    If all goes wrong then sorry for getting your expectations high! xD

Edit (4 july): Since it's still better to use a hook instead of this method to avoid performance issues (Thanks @Wulf), I've tried to find a hook damage and so I changed this topic title to: Damage Hook Discussion.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  12. Wulf

For a hook placement, there's actually a thread for this already. Ideally you'd want a hook, trying to listen or constantly check would be a performance hog.

13. SouZa

"without using any kind of "OnTakeDamage" hook!

And damn, you answered like 10 seconds after I post >.<

14. Wulf

See my edited response.

15. SouZa

PlayerSession.WorldPlayerEntity.GetComponent<PlayerStatManager>().EventStats.OnEventPublished += MyCustomOnEventPublishedListener();

16. Wulf

Yeah, you'd still want a hook ideally.

17. SouZa

Yes I understand a hook would be the best choice in performance wise. But a damage hook for hurtworld has been requested for some time now and wasn't made public yet. I tried to dig into the assembly to understand the damage code but gave up xD. Maybe my friend @Smeag could try dig into it! @Smeag !!
    Anyway I'll try to develop in this way and test on a populated server to check it.

18. Wulf

The project is open source, doesn't have to be only me contributing to it. ;)

19. SouZa

I know, I know ;) Here is my contribution:

So, I tried again and managed to find a hook for player damage using the OxidePatcher. I just wish there was a more direct and simple way, the one I found is a bit tricky.
    I hook the AddValue() method on the EntityFluidEffectProxy class like this:
    Code (Text):
    public float AddValue(float relativeValue, EntityEffectSourceData sourceData, bool applyImpactMultipliers = false, bool applyImpactOffsets = false)
    {
        object[] objArray = new object[] { this, relativeValue, sourceData, applyImpactMultipliers, applyImpactOffsets };
        object obj = Interface.CallHook("OnAddValue", objArray);
        if (obj is float)
        {
            return (float)obj;
        }
        ( ... )
    }
    so if the OnAddValue() is called on a plugin and returns a float, the damage won't be applied. If returns anything else the damage will be applied.

The thing is, the sourceData will have information about where the damage is from (animal, explosion, ambient, player) and in case of the player it's possible to find the PlayerIdentity, so far so good. The problem is finding the Player who received the damage :(

The only way I found out was to get the (private) OnEventPublished from EntityFluidEffectProxy through Reflection, loop the Delegates from the InvocationList, find the one which target type was EntityStats, get the (private) OnEventPublished this time from EntityStats through Reflection again, loop the Delegates, find the one which target type was PlayerStatManager and get the PlayerIdentity through there. So yeah a bit tricky.

Debug damage Screenshot

The idea would make this more generic to also catch CreatureToPlayer damage. But my question is if Reflection is heavy? Because this will be fired a lot on a populated server.

20. SouZa

@Wulf like I said on previous post, I used the AddValue() method from EntityFluidEffectProxy to make the damage hook.

I have modified the HurtworldCore locally to add and test the hook. Like I said, I used Reflection so I'm not sure if is performance-acceptable or if there is other way to accomplish this. Can you take a quick look whenever you have a couple of minutes free? ( Ctrl + F "IOnDamage" ).

MonkeY12 likes this.