1. Im just entering modding on oxide but have run into a problem, there is no documentation from facepunch on what attributes every object/class (example: items has a .amount attribute) is there a place i can find all the attributes that everything has?

2. Use a decompiler (I personally recommend JustDecompile) to decompile the Assembly-CSharp.dll file contained within the rust server software (server/RustDedicated_Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll). This will show you everything contained within the components once you locate them.

Alternativley you can use Visual Studio's IntelliSense to kinda view what is contained within each component but i recommend the first method over this.

3. awesome, thank you.

4. Another alternative is using resharper and its built in decompiler. It makes it really easy to view the decompiled code by searching for it with ctrl+t or ctrl + clicking on the object type.

Saves the hassle of alt tabbing between visual studio and the decompiler constantly.

5. just decompile actually can create a vs project using the decompiled code, making it so it shows up as you type, its really cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2017
  6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I think you missed the point of IntelliSense; you don't need to decompile to use it. Referencing a DLL will do the same thing, without having to decompile each and every update.

7. thats fancy, i was just following what redBDGR was suggesting, he suggested decompile over intelliSense, so i did it. XD.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Using a decompiler is one way to view it, but no need to make a project out of it. Using IntelliSense is the other way and standard for C# development. A decompiler is handy if you want to do a quick search for something in a DLL; IntelliSense is more for helping you while you type out methods in a project where a DLL is referenced.

9. ok, thats pretty cool, thanks for the help. though, while i have you, do you know where the files for weapon information(i.e. damage, recoil, fov when ads) are?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Probably in Unity assets if they aren't in the DLLs.

11. Awesome, gonna go looking around :)
    thanks man, your great!

12. You can't always find the Values for them but you can lookup their types in the Assembly
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501546315][/DOUBLEPOST]I think what you're looking for is in the "BaseProjectile" class [​IMG]
    Gyazo - f51a39d3a055e4051ee5d423190cfa69.png

13. hey man, you seem to know your stuff, im trying to find a way, if at all possible(starting to think its not as i think about client/server side stuff) to edit recoil and aimcone. do you think its at all possible using oxide?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide just does what is available on the server. If the server cannot do it, then it can't be done via a plugin with Oxide. I'd suggest seeing the other threads on this though, as it's not really on topic here. ;)

15. hahaha, true. Thanks. ill go look into it.

Last time ill go off topic here, but i thought i should let you know, my hopes and dreams of removing the damn aim cone on a server have been crushed. aim cone and recoil are both handled client side :( rip that idea.

16. You can edit that using a hook such as Oxide API for Rust, not the best seen as the player would have to shoot for the changes to be applied. You can use another that better suits the purpose probably, with this hook you can simply use the "projectile" variable (based from the documentation) and modify those values.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1501569069][/DOUBLEPOST]Setup visual studio (Referencing game/Oxide DLLs in Visual Studio 2015/2017 | Oxide), shove that hook in a file and play around with the values that you see. You'll see the ones that are able to be modified by putting a "." after "projectile"