1. I have a server from gameservers.com for rust and when i load my ftp and try to put a plugin into ruste/server/%server identity%/oxide/plugins director, i have no oxide folder or plugin director

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

3. i have that i tried to put the plugin in that but when i started up my server and loaded into it the mod didnt work
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508350992][/DOUBLEPOST]so once i put the plugin in the folder do i have to do anything else

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If Oxide nor plugins did not load, then Oxide is most likely not installed, else check your oxide/logs for errors.

5. i have oxide installed is there a certain way to start up oxide when in game?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, it just needs to be installed. You should see oxide/logs being generated when the server starts and the oxide.version command would reply in chat as well as other commands from Oxide would work in your console.

7. i have the mod for oxide downloaded on mygameservers do i need to download it separately or something?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That should be fine, but I'd suggest checking the things I mentioned.

9. yeah i dont see the logs when i start up the server tho i have rustadmin and it doesnt show up there would it show up else where

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Rust has its own logs, that doesn't mean Oxide is installed. I'd suggest trying to install Oxide again while the server is shutdown. If you do not see anything related to it when starting the server again, then I'd suggest contacting your host.

11. Ok thank you

12. im back i know for sure oxide is working but when i put my plugins in the plugins folder and start up my server the mods dont work
    [DOUBLEPOST=1508363087][/DOUBLEPOST]i am trying to use the vanish plugin is it not working because i havent turned it on?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you check your oxide/logs to see if they are being loaded or have any errors? If there are no indications of plugins loading, then that isn't the right location where you're installing them.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

16. when i type vanish into console or chat it says sorry, you can't use 'vanish' right now

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That means you do not have permission to use it as you haven't granted the permission. See the plugin's Overview for the permissions. If you aren't sure how to use Oxide's permissions, there's a tutorial under the Guides & Tips forum section.

18. yeah i dont think i granted the permission would i grant it through rustadmin or console ingame?