1. both, i guess. there is no permissions.cfg for oxide...

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check my edited post above.

3. That's a huge "nope". As fast as i added that to the permissions.cfg my server didnt work at all, had loads of error code (cant post it all it would be too much.) and such. About "codehatch networking" failing and shit.
    edit: it works if i remove that from the permissions.cfg

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It sounds like you didn't keep the proper formatting. If the JSON is invalid, it will cause the server to have problems.

5. nah, i didnt format it at all, i have no idea how many spaces to have etc and such. I watched a video and tried to do the exact thing but it's impossible since they never say "yeah here you have to have *number* amount of spaces, and here you need to have this many spaces before putting this symbol" it's all a bit hard.

+ its not a JSON im editing

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty sure Permissions.cfg is JSON. You can validate it using a site such as JSONLint - The JSON Validator..

7. Validated it, line 1 had an error with it expecting some string or some shit after this symbol {.
    Do i need the little "macros" thingy in the permissions.cfg? there is some shit called macros that is fuckin it up probably.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451767511][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Why can't i just while the server is running, type "permission user (myPlayerID) addgroup admin" and it'll do it by itself?
    doesnt it work?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451768714][/DOUBLEPOST]plz respond Wulf i rly need help
    [DOUBLEPOST=1451770803][/DOUBLEPOST]NEVERMIND got it all working myself.