1. So ive only had my server for about a month (RustDecay) host is GTXgaming.
    Not very populated yet but even with about 7 people on the server, some complain of lag. Now its only a 50 pop and im paying about £7 a month so not a great deal, but even for this price and pop I shouldn't get lag problems right?
    Is there anyway I can help this is plugins?
    Also I'm in the UK and when I exit my server on rust, it comes up with a different server description and say Amsterdam 2, Is this a server within a server?

Or have a I just taken the cheap option and payed £7, I can upgrade but tbh I though the normal cpu priority could handle 50 pop let alone only 7 ppl online.

Thanks!

2. Try talking to your host first see if they can help if not then see what we can do here

3. GTXGaming is the worst host and they have the worst support I've ever seen in my life. Get out, quick!

4. I've seen this comment a few times now, shame I didn't see before it started.
    Is there a way I can migrate everything I've done to a new host?

5. Yes, download your files from FTP.

6. Ok thanks, any advise? Also what hosts are decent?

7. I'd recommend Streamline as far as shared hosting goes, however there have been some CPU issues mainly. The main reason you're experiencing more lag than usual is because most server hosters overcrowd their boxes, before that wasn't an issue as they used very little CPU. Now each server is using 50%+ on startup due to navmesh changes. So when a hoster has say 20 servers on one machine it doesn't end well. The only way to escape that is dedicated, I'd take a look at the OVH game line or NFO if you can afford it. (NFO shared is experiencing the same issues, you'd need a NFO dedicated server.)

8. Oh I see thanks for explaining. So how much is a dedicated server? Is it worth trying the cpu priority option on gtxgaming.

9. Ovh is too expensive for me.

10. So you start is a hosting company. They rent dedicated servers :)

11. After some moaning I have been moved to a brand new sever haha, I'll see how it goes.

12. Ok so after been moved to a new server which is suppose to be a i7 machine, still not getting great fps though rcon, and still complaints of lag from other players. even just after wipe with about 4 people on the server it running at 43fps (info thought Rcon.io) which is in the red?
    Think I need to change host?

13. btw, sites like this sell per population count.. however you can change that easily from type server.maxplayers 100 or whatever. Even if you're host sets a 'limit"