1. Recently introduced new stones, trees and shrubs tissue. When the server to pick them up to the event - the player added item in the inventory is triggered only the first few times. Then he did not work in one of these objects.

What is the reason? The server or oxide?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Test without Oxide to confirm, but most likely Rust.

3. And how, without oxide check? I'm talking about the checking operation of the hook in the oxide
    OnItemAddedToContainer

And it works perfectly on all resources except lying on the ground to put the server itself. He's a few of them works and then ignores 99% while at rest also works fine.

When a function does not work - the subject vseravno appears in Inventor and rust 50 writes that the tree, or even a life.
    At the same rust somewhere data triggered the hook and the subject is issued, as well as the announcement comes into play. Namely hook oxide than that of the country involved.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433936546,1433911273][/DOUBLEPOST]Again, all died = (

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Once again, this isn't instant support chat. People do have other things they are involved with, jobs, school, sleep, etc. Please be patience, you'll get a response once someone able and willing has time to reply to you. Being impatience and saying "forums died" over and over isn't going to help.

5. Sometimes it helps.
    I sometimes think that I'm one to ask a question that not only God knows the answers. For out of 5 questions answered 1. The rest is very very long time he reached at random. But this forum is not sleeping ... and not instant chat and long hours, and sometimes a lot of the day Marathon response.

6. Please post an example plugin that demonstrates the issue; if we can replicate it with your demo plugin, we can look into it.

7. Code:
    function PLUGIN:OnItemAddedToContainer(container,item)
    ChatMessage(container:GetOwnerPlayer(), item.info.shortname .. ' : ' .. container:GetOwnerPlayer().displayName);
    end
    I found the exact location of the bug, Objects tracked if they are not picked up not once. And if you pick up a particular object once, the more it does not catch the event picking up the subject.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434566720][/DOUBLEPOST]I found the pattern, if the die again on the subject of the event 1 works and how to pick up objects after it then again does not count that I had picked up until I die.

This applies to new stones, wood and grass that can be selected.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Once someone can figure out exactly what you are asking and has an answer for you, I'm sure they'll chime in.

From my understanding though... if there indeed was a bug with Oxide itself with items, I'm sure it would have been found before now though. Oxide doesn't really change how items are handled, it just offers up a location in the code for plugins to pull information and change things. That hook will trigger every time the method where it is located is triggered, no exceptions.

9. Yeah no dice here; items picked up off the ground always triggered the hook. I even killed my self to see if that stopped it from working.

upload_2015-6-18_23-46-29.png

10. Maybe it started working after the upgrade, I haven't tested it today, but I have a clean server + oxides and is 2 plug-in, I tried without plugins - only Invertoryadd hook. And when I picked sulfuric ore or metal ore or wood which were lying on the ground, it counted this particular type once and then when I tried next time - hook did not work, you had to die, and start again.