1. Using Rusty RCon Admin Tool and I have been getting these messages regarding the Steam64ID when a player joins my server. Any thoughts as to what this message means and if it's something on my end?

Message: <userid ex: 77773472747247247> : Manifest file differs (possibly out of date)

Thank you for your help in advance!

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I believe it means they modified their client somehow (possibly have hacks), but I'm not 100% sure on that.

3. Well I hope that's not what it means because even when I and 3 other Admins connect it gives me the same message! lol

It happens every client that connects. No issues connecting though and the server seems to be stable with no extra error output.

Thank you!

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm not sure then, I haven't really heard much about that change.

5. Updated to latest server files from Gameservers.com and also latest oxide but seeing alot of these "Manifest file differs (possibly out of date)"

6. That is a Rust warning, it just means that the client is running a different build to the server.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  7. yes strange because i get it also and my rust client is up-to date..

8. i'm getting it as well i thought if it was mismatch then the server would reject the client oh well everything seems to be working now thank you

9. The manifest changes every time a build is pushed out on steam. This is separate to the network protocol version which is only bumped when the protocol is changed making the client and server no longer compatible.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's from Rust, but it shouldn't bother anything.

11. Same here for several weeks now

12. okay nice yeah that makes perfect sense now if they push a client update then it may differ until the server files get updated thanks bawNg