1. Trippy

Trippy Scavenger

Hey there,

I'm looking to switch server hosts. Currently, I'm using Nitrous Networks. I'm willing to go dedicated, as long as it can be had for under $100/month USD. I've been looking into OVH, NFO, and Streamline; but can't choose which of these I'd like to go with. I'm mainly looking for reliability. I understand there will be a learning curve and that I will have to put some time into it.

Thank you!
    Trippy

2. Freaky

Freaky Shack Builder

I managed 2 dedicated servers and never had a problem (OVH - MC-64 ... 3 Rust servers 100slots/server...no lag/crash + 1 teamspeak + 2 music bots). As dedicated i used only OVH. Don't know what to say about other dedicated servers/hosts.

P.S.: i installed Debian 8 x64 ...

Trippy likes this.
  3. Trippy

Trippy Scavenger

Thank you for the reply. How easy would you say it was to get setup with OVH, and what package/system were you running the Rust servers off of? I understand how to setup a Rust server, but I'm talking about getting setup with OVH specifically to the point that you're able and ready to start setting up all the Rust files. Thank you again!

4. Freaky

Freaky Shack Builder

5. DraB

DraB Plugin Developer

NFO or nothing ;)

6. Trippy

Trippy Scavenger

NFO Dedicated box? I saw they had a package for a server that I could use and run multiple Rust servers off of the same machine and was considering that. What do you recommend? I appreciate the info by the way Freaky, my other reply to you must not have gone through, haha.

7. DraB

DraB Plugin Developer

I chose this machine located in Chicago from NFO and I've yet to have a problem. Running 3 Rust servers and 1 teamspeak server.
    Gyazo - fe413da299b9d16d15e0d8ce8d1a7c8f.png

8. Trippy

Trippy Scavenger

I got that exact same package, but in Atlanta...looks like I made a good decision! How long did it take for them to have your server ready for you to use if you don't mind me asking? I paid them on Monday morning, still waiting though (I'm kind of impatient, haha).

9. DraB

DraB Plugin Developer

Took me about 2-3 days. Ill tell you now that if you ever get the chance I would switch it a premium location as they can withstand more ddos attacks and have higher bandwidth in general. But you should be fine.

Trippy likes this.
  10. Tommy_vr

Tommy_vr Scavenger

If you're over 18 and want to send your id and proof of address, go for OVH.

I personally use servdiscount.com, They rent cheap Dedicated servers have extremely good support, and a user friendly user panel. They get new dedicated server on their website everyday, and some of them are an extremely low price for the hardware. So if you're going to a dedi i would 10/10 recommend servdiscount.com.

If you dont want to go for a dedi, but just a game server. I suggest spillvert.com.

Hope this helped in any way!

Trippy likes this.
  11. GreenArrow

GreenArrow Plugin Developer

12. Kappasaurus

Kappasaurus Plugin Developer

I'd strongly recommend you go with a host that is well known.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2017 ---
    Not to mention, you clearly own or are affiliated Defiant Hosting.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    Trippy likes this.
  13. GreenArrow

I'm actually not affiliated with the host it's a redirect for people in my community that ask for which host I use

14. Trippy

Trippy Scavenger

Don't want to cause any problems, but I've never heard of that host before either. The last post on this thread (before he posted) was on April 7th, he came all the way back to this post just to say who he's running with after I said I had already chosen a host. I agree, it's a bit odd. Seems like advertisement to me, but that's just my opinion.

15. GreenArrow

hosting.defiantnetwork.com redirects to lowms hosting that's what my community uses the reason i support them is because ive been with a ton of hosts including NFO although NFO is really really nice with support they are a bit high in price for me so i was searching for another host and i found them and anytime i had a problem i just contacted the guy on discord and he helped me almost instantly including adding features for me which is better than any host I've been with usually they tell you to wait we've pasted it to our "suggestions" and we will see if our team will get to it and well it never happens from what I know I found out of them from blackwake server and it was at the time was one of the only hosts for blackwake.