Logger

Moved

Total Downloads: 3,429 - First Release: Oct 22, 2014 - Last Update: Dec 12, 2017

5/5, 24 likes
  1. Thanks spider! That worked! For some reason, a lot of my cfg files for plugins were showing up blank. I simply removed the blank ones and reloaded and now I'm good!

2. Hello, I've installed this recently, but cannot seem to get any logging happening. I have changed the AuthLevel to 0, ChatLogging to true, and have removed chat.say from Exclusions (for now, i'd like to see chats and commands from everyone). Still seeing nothing related to this Plugin within the Oxide logs.

Is there potentially an issue with Multiplay servers? Any guidance would be appreciated.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Chat is logged by default by both Rust and Oxide, so using this for that isn't needed. For me to tell what's going on, I'd need to see your latest Oxide log.

4. The only logs available to me via Multiplay are oxide logs...none of which have any chat history. I wonder if Multiplay suppresses some of the output now (I used to admin a Rust server in Legacy a while back, and have just started again with a new server recently for Experimental).

Attached are the last two logs for both oxide_ and rustio_.

I appreciate the help--please let me know if you need anything more from me.

Attached Files:

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't think the plugin will log chat out-of-the-box, and likely need a modification to do so. It's mainly meant for command logging. I may be able to add an option for that, but I'm about to head out the door right now for the weekend.

Chats by default get logged to the Unity and Rust logs, but Multiplay may not expose those.

6. Thanks--no sweat about not being able to address it at the moment...it would be ideal if I could see the Rust logs. I'll talk to Multiplay about that.

Enjoy your weekend!

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Thanks, I'll see about posting an update once I get back. :)

8. In the meantime, I have written Multiplay to see if they can expose the Rust server logs.

9. Hi)
    What does "broadcast" var does actually?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Enables/disables broadcasting logged messages to the chat.

11. they have gotten back with me. they have ensured me that others using oxide are getting chat and the other actions logged to their oxide.log file. they've asked me to mess with my plugins to see if one of those are the issue. i'm starting with a fresh oxide profile and will add my plugins 1 by 1. i'll let you know if i find a particular one to be the culprit.

12. Where does the log save to? where can I find it? Ive looked but no luck.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide's log with your server's date.

14. Does it only log commands for the authlevel specified in the config? Or will "2" include all authlevel users including 2 (owner)?

( "AuthLevel": 2, )

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It uses that level and the level above it, so if you had it set for 1 (moderator) it would also include 2 (admin).

16. Think you should look in too the option to Disable/Enable broadcast of Admin commands in the chat to other players, (But! I would really like to see if you could add in the option NOT to broadcast any commands to players with authlevel 0, So only i with right steam ID or someone with authlevel1 can see it) i really like the idea behind the plugin but cant really use it for much right now, players are joining my server as we speak and want to keep the security to an maximum beside working on other stuff on the server while people are playing without spamming the chat with commands to the whole server. :p

And not to sound stupid but im having a hard time finding the log.txt for your plugin, or in other words where can i find the log file and what to look for ?

Kr Dane ! ;)

17. is it possible that It could make it's own fail and also if the command is inventory.give then u can actually see what the person spawned?

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The "Broadcast": "true/false" setting is for that. The plugin logs to Oxide's log under oxide/logs.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432735663][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm not sure what you're asking in your first question, but I'll likely grab the arguments and show those as well.

19. I mean file** I spelled it in my language :p soz, like if it would make just Logger's own LOG file where is the full log of the Logger logs only. So it doesn't save to the server log files?

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's possible, but for right now it logs to Oxide's log.