1. [KFL]ArchAngel

[KFL]ArchAngel Scavenger

Hey oxide just wondering is rust legacy getting removed off steam soon?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

That's up to the developers. They mentioned it back at the beginning of October, but we'll see.

3. Austinv900

Austinv900 Shack Builder Plugin Developer

@Wulf if they do decide to take it off of steam would that mean oxide would stop Supporting it completely?

4. Wulf

Most likely, but we'll see.

Austinv900 likes this.
  5. [KFL]ArchAngel

[KFL]ArchAngel Scavenger

Well I'm a steam user for rust legacy but I know that the cracked version is a lot more popular than steam, so a lot of people would still download the plugins. Copper is a big cracked user developer.

6. Wulf

Pretty sure most of the Legacy developers here are. From what I heard though, Facepunch isn't going to remove Legacy for another year most likely.

7. P0LENT4

P0LENT4 Scavenger Plugin Developer

Rust Legacy was removed from the steam! Consequently it will be removed from the right oxide?

Please, the game still has users, a chance for players who can not buy a computer at the level of running the Experimental, so they can create servers even if the Pirate, even if it is to keep the game alive .. .

Thank you. Rip Legacy :(

8. phlex

phlex Naked Wanderer

my server was on with 50 players 5mins later i check playerlist 12 players.. my rust is not removed because i have install new rust and changed folder to old rust

9. Nigga 4

Nigga 4 Naked Wanderer

I can't believe on this :O

10. P0LENT4

@Wulf What is your answer?

:/

11. Wulf

The problem with that is then we have to deal with outdated, pirated servers and constantly have to tell them to update, which they often won't do and then ask again a day later. It causes more work for us than it is worth to keep it around for people who don't even own the game. I imagine the majority of Legacy servers are this way now. So we'll see, but it's been a long time coming and it'll eventually get removed on our end as well, just not sure when yet.

12. DraB

DraB Shack Builder Plugin Developer

@Wulf Actually steam servers are still up. You just need to manually put it in your steam folder to play.

13. Wulf

I never said they were down. ;)

14. P0LENT4

Ie legacy will not lose the support of the oxide for now?

I've been in the rust Legacy for 2 years I've always seen pirate servers having success ... @Wulf would there be some way we could talk in private?

15. Wulf

For now, but eventually the hassle will outweigh the effort to keep it around and maintained with the other actively developed games.

16. Abby Normal

Abby Normal Wood Hoarder Plugin Developer

How do you do this and play legacy?

17. DraB

18. Ezki

Ezki Master Researcher Plugin Developer

http://files.facepunch.com/buck2016/December/08/hdr139s.jpg Fixes, optimisations, the very far future of AI… and we got rid of Legacy. All in the latest blog. Fixed explosive damage through walls Added culling volumes to military tunnels Stricter high external gate terrain placement Reduced cave pre...

nvm / closed

u can still play

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  19. Ezki

Ezki Master Researcher Plugin Developer

thanks <33
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 9, 2016 ---
    but wont this kill all the pop even more + all the srvers that where currently up ?

20. DraB

@Ezki Servers will stay low. I don't see steam servers coming back after this. If you want to play your best bet is non-steam servers

My Name is Jeff likes this.