1. My RustAdmin Controll will not connect i keep getting a error for incorect password .
    But in my Bat file i have ---------- +rcon.password "blahblahblah" ^

Please help :(

Attached Files:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If it says invalid password, then it is an invalid password. Make sure you're using it exactly as you have it set in your startup .bat, without the quotation " marks.

3. but i need the "password" i need the Quote marks in the Bat file . But not on the Rust admin controll panel just password
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498180954][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay so i keep getting invalid password ....... And im using the right password 110% ... But the Admin panel says i get connected but i must disconnect from the server to change stuff....

Attached Files:

4. So i try and connect Rusty to my server , with the right IP , Port and RCON Port . also password is right . But i keep getting this error in the log file

(
    No connection :(
    Either the server you are connecting to is down or your server details are incorrect please double check.
    If your details are correct your server host may use a different query port please check any information they gave you and enter it into the settings.
    If you are running your own server try adding +rcon.ip 0.0.0.0 to your launch script
    PLEASE NOTE THAT RUST LOCKS ALL RCON ATTEMPTS FOR A SHORT WHILE AFTER A FAILED LOGIN.
    Connecting to server
    Once connected type help for a list of commands.
    Always update your client when possible. )

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you connecting locally or remotely?

6. What is the difference? :/

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You generally would have to connect with localhost if the RCON client is on the same machine as the server.

8. Play yea it is . and i use my localhost IP nothing happens , i only need it to be able to have admin status on my Community server as its easier to kick/Ban people . But im just going to Buy a server today . And host my own Modded server , Im just trying to find a quicker way of making the server a x2 Gather server , Instead of having to do gather.rate <Dispenser/pickup> <Item Name> <2> every 300 times every wipe :/

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have all of the +rcon settings still set in the startup? Do you have +rcon.web set to 0 or 1? Have you checked your log to confirm that RCON started?

10. all Rcon settings are there , and the Rcon web is set to 0 . Where do i find Rcon log? :/ Also i downloaded a Mod Plugin i seen online <sauerkraut-Plugin> Its a fine that comes with a pile of Mods , i delete the mods i do not what . I paste the file into my Oxid folder but i get this error

Attached Files:

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you have any plugins from other platforms, you'll need to remove those; but that isn't related to RCON.

The +rcon.web 0 is set in your startup .bat script, but you appear to already have that set.

12. Okay but for my modded server i dont really need RCON , cause for some reason in the game (f1) i can do all the admin commands there and they all work . So its fine for the modded server , So i guess im okay for now , But these Plugins i dont understand why they dont work , i paste them into the Folder (Oxide>Plugins) and all there files are .cs files . . I just dont want to have to do the Gather.Rate <Despernser/Pickup> < Everyitemname> <2> every time the server wipes . Is there any Plugins that can auto set the server to a 2x gather server? where i can edit the amout of gather in the .json file?

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If they are not Oxide plugins (don't appear to be) they will not work. There are plenty of gather-related plugins under the Rust Plugins section, I'd recommend searching/looking through there.

14. okay thanks