1. UltimateByte

UltimateByte Wood Hoarder

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

3. UltimateByte

UltimateByte Wood Hoarder

4. Dragon 8

Dragon 8 Naked Wanderer

Hey guys, sorry for this dumb "request for help" but I accidentally typed quit for the first time and after seeing all my plugins unloading I can't figure out how to fix it. After starting my server up again the plugins don't work at all, none of them. Please help!

5. Wulf

Does the oxide.version command work? If not, Oxide is not installed. Make sure you aren't running any update checks in your .bat when starting.

6. Dragon 8

Dragon 8 Naked Wanderer

Ok now it won't start after 6 minutes. It just says starting server... and it is certainly taking longer than usual if it is starting.

Edit: Oxide.version did not work even though I downloaded the new oxide and it is installed. i see the installer and everything in the managed folder.

7. Wulf

That means the install is not complete. Check your RustDedicated_Data/output_log.txt for errors.

8. Dragon 8

Dragon 8 Naked Wanderer

Would the newest errors be at the bottom of the text? because I have 5687 lines :/

9. Wulf

Yes, bottom.

10. Dragon 8

Dragon 8 Naked Wanderer

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Platform assembly: C:\rusts\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\rusts\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\rusts\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\rusts\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\rusts\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\System.Runtime.Serialization.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\rusts\RustDedicated_Data\Managed\Oxide.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    server.hostname: "Rust Phoenix|FULLY FRESH WIPE 11/24|x100|PVP|InstaCraft|QuickSmelt|PVP|Kits|Clan|BGrade|Admins"

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

server.description: "Rust Phoenix|x100|NO RAIDING|PVP|InstaCraft|QuickSmelt|PVP|Kits|Clan|BGrade|Admins We have many cool extras or mods to our rust server, those included: x100 Gather, Modded Airdrops, Better Loot Drops, Kits, Tp, Clans, InstaCraft, InstaSmelting(Faster Furnace), HeliVote, MINIMAP, Remover, Big Stack Size. All these make up for the best Rust experience!"

server.headerimage: "http://dragonfantasy.d.r.pic.centerblog.net/o/2ad54834.jpg"

server.identity: "MyRustServer"

server.maxplayers: "30"

server.port: "28015"

rcon.port: "28016"

rcon.password: "Private"

server.seed: "187963866"

server.saveinterval: "600"

FileNotFoundException: Could not load the Oxide configuration file
    at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Interface.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Bootstrap.Init_Tier0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Bootstrap+<Start>c__IteratorD.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Entity is NULL but is still in saveList - not destroyed properly? box.wooden.large[2081148]

Entity is NULL but is still in saveList - not destroyed properly? shelves[2081218]

Entity is NULL but is still in saveList - not destroyed properly? box.wooden.large[2081229]

Saved 19,583 ents, serialization(0.00), write(0.00), disk(0.03) totalstall(0.03).

Saving complete

11. Wulf

You're missing the oxide.config.json in your server root.

12. Dragon 8

Dragon 8 Naked Wanderer

Yeah.. I figured that one out, also I had a server open. I just replaced all the oxide stuff and it works perfectly! Thanks Wulf!

13. [ausa] track-me-now

[ausa] track-me-now Naked Wanderer

im using game servers to host my server but when i download plugins it tries to open them with acrobat reader and when i copy it to my ftp client the server doesnt get or load the plugins

14. Wulf

Either Oxide is not installed or it isn't setup correctly. Check your oxide/logs for errors and try the oxide.version console command. As for opening plugins, you'd need to associate Notepad or another editor to view them.

15. [ausa] track-me-now

the oxide.version is working but the logs for today shows this
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Started as service
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Running as service
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Got Message: Ready
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Got Message: Compile
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Console: DeathNotes.cs(660,14): warning CS0114: `Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.LoadConfig()' hides inherited member `Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.LoadConfig()'. To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword
    c:\games\108_61_100_112_28016\1341818\ruste\Oxide.Core.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
    DeathNotes.cs(109,28): warning CS0649: Field `Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.HealthColor' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value `null'
    DeathNotes.cs(113,48): warning CS0414: The private field `Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.Names' is assigned but its value is never used
    DeathNotes.cs(114,48): warning CS0414: The private field `Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.Bodyparts' is assigned but its value is never used
    DeathNotes.cs(115,48): warning CS0414: The private field `Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.Weapons' is assigned but its value is never used
    DeathNotes.cs(116,48): warning CS0414: The private field `Oxide.Plugins.DeathNotes.Attachments' is assigned but its value is never used

[SERVER v1.0.24] Got Message: Exit
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Exit received.
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Connection closed.
    [SERVER v1.0.24] Shutdown
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2016 ---
    once i add them to the plugin folder what do i do from there to make the json file show up and make them show up in game

16. Wulf

I'm referring to the oxide prefixed log, not the compiler log.

17. [ausa] track-me-now

the plugins are showing up in rusty when i do oxide.plugins how do i load them to where they are active in the server

18. Wulf

Thy are loaded automatically when you place them under the oxide/plugins folder. Check that they aren't failing to compile too.

19. HighElf

HighElf Naked Wanderer

I just created a new server locally and im not sure how to add plugins

20. johnsonjulian38

johnsonjulian38 Naked Wanderer

When you go to a plugins Overview page, you download the plugin, and will get a file, usually with a .cs extension

Place the file in your server_identity\oxide\plugins folder.
    IF you have Oxide installed correctly, open the \oxide\config folder and check if a config file has been compiled for your plugin.

You can go into the console and type oxide.load PluginName if you want to manually load the config for whatever reason.