1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

An Oxide plugin consists of a single .cs, .js, .lua, or .js file. To install the plugin on your server, your server provider must support Oxide 2 - else the plugins won't do anything. If you are self-hosting, make sure you already have Oxide 2 installed.
    1. Download a copy of the plugin you wish to install. They can be found in the Plugins section. Make sure to not rename the plugins.

2. If you aren't hosting locally, connect to your server via an FTP client. If you are unsure of your FTP details, pleas contact your host.

3. Locate the "plugins" folder, normally located at server/my_server_identity/oxide/plugins, but may changed based on your +server.hostname setting. If you can't find it, you may need to install Oxide 2 still. If you already have, make sure your server has been launched at least once.

4. Upload the plugin file (.cs, .js, .lua, .py) into the "plugins" folder and it will be loaded automatically.

5. Configure the plugin by editing the matching named .json file, normally located at server/my_server_identity/oxide/config. If you don't see any configuration file for the plugin, then it either does not have one or the plugin did not load successfully.

6. Reload the plugin if you edited the config using the "oxide.reload pluginname" console command.
    If a plugin isn't loaded automatically, ensure your server provider supports Oxide and that Oxide is installed on your server. You can also check for errors under the logs folder.

Some plugins store persistent data. This data can be found and reset in the "data" folder (this should exist alongside the "plugins" folder). The data files are sensibly named. Deleting a data file will reset it (so deleting the data file for Door Sharing will reset all share lists). This can be useful when performing a server wipe.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    GhostPLKR, SamosSage, Kukunga and 2 others like this.
  2. NOC | DomuS

NOC | DomuS Naked Wanderer

Hi thanks for the information. Is there a way to load multiple lua with a single "oxide.load filename" command? as ex usage "oxide.load tp, kits, remove"

3. Wulf

Plugins are loaded automatically in the latest Oxide 2 builds. The command only accepts one at a time though.

4. Specter

Specter Naked Wanderer

oxide has not created a folder in my persistency folder and instead the plugins load from the /server directory is this ok?

5. Wulf

It doesn't make one in your persistence folder, that's used for player save for Rust. The server directory is where they should be, but the location may not be 1:1 with the first post depending on what your host has set.

6. Specter

Specter Naked Wanderer

How do I set the folder? I run it on my vps.

7. Wulf

The folder is set in oxide.root.json.

8. Kutzooi_NL 2

Kutzooi_NL 2 Wood Hoarder

[​IMG]

Is this the correct folder?

I can't find any other plugin sections / running Oxide core v2.0.258

regards,

9. Wulf

No, that is not an Oxide folder. The correct folder is listed in the first post. If you don't see it, then you don't have Oxide running. Check your logs for errors.

10. Kutzooi_NL 2

[​IMG] Sorry to ask again, but this Experimental is new for me,

[​IMG]

Oxide can't find any other errors in the logs.

Regards

11. Wulf

Did you look in the "server" directory?

12. Kutzooi_NL 2

Thanks a Lot :)

Did find it in server/serverprofile//oxide

13. hydrollium

hydrollium Naked Wanderer

hello, how can I install .cs plugins?

14. Wulf

15. hydrollium

hydrollium Naked Wanderer

16. Snak

Snak Naked Wanderer

Hi again fellas. How to configure this files? There is no function. I download json file on computer, edit it via notepad, and then again upload to FTP pan[​IMG] el. Is there another way?

17. Wulf

Configs are the json files. Some plugins offer commands to change parts of them, but generally you have to edit them using a text editor.

18. Snak

Snak Naked Wanderer

Way like I did? Download at computer, and then edit?

19. Sir Eb

Sir Eb DeinServerHost Oxide Server Provider

Yes exactly , you need to download the file to your computer, then edit it and re - upload it.
    But you also can ask your host to set *.json in the game - template as editable extension, then you can edit it right on the website.

20. Snak

Snak Naked Wanderer

Understood. Thank you very much!