1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

You'd need to contact your host, many prevent .exe uploads.

2. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

Hello,

I have a "problem"
    I'm trying to 'instal' the plugin but i doesn't work correctly,
    everytime I tried to restart and quit the server my game crashes...
    Also i can't see the oxide maps etc., so i know that it hasn't been installed correctly but i can't quit why server without crashing my game...
    Got any ideas?

In advance thanks

3. TruxDeadnitro

TruxDeadnitro Wood Hoarder

First of all how are you hosting your server on host or on your own router ????

4. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

normally on my own router, is it a prob? i'm pretty new to all of this,.
    Learning as quick as possible.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. TruxDeadnitro

TruxDeadnitro Wood Hoarder

No it isn't a problem only what you've to do is download the newst version from oxide which you can find in here
    Release Changelog | Page 4 | Oxide

Scroll down untill the bottom if you're running it on lunix then down the Oxide-Hurtworld-Lunix.zip
    or are your running it on windows then downlaod the Oxide-HurtWorld.zip
    When download that, Then shutdown your server and drag all those files what is inside of your winrar or winzip it also depens from it what you're useing. So when open it Drag and drop those files on your HurtWorld dedecided folder when done that turn on your server again and it should be working again

And also did you edit your self as an adminitrator first

6. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

still no progress.... and yeah did that. and if i shut down my server than my game crashes so idk what to do about that ;P

7. Wulf

What exactly is crashing about it? Could you upload your gamelog.txt please?

8. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

it doens't close, keeps open and after 30 sec i get a window with hurtword doens't react

9. Wulf

Okay... using "quit" on your client isn't going to shutdown your server. You should be able to just wait for your client to disconnect, else go to the menu and disconnect. I see at least one error I can fix though, looking into that.

10. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

yeah also did that but than it's the same only in the menu view...

11. Wulf

That's something I'd recommend reporting to the Hurtworld devs then, Oxide doesn't control your client.

12. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

yeah already did that but i don't think that's a problem for oxide is it?

13. Wulf

Your client crashing wouldn't be an Oxide issue, the error I found in your server log would be though.

14. kill2bee

kill2bee Naked Wanderer

uh ohhh... did i do something wrong?...

15. Wulf

For the Oxide issue, try the latest Oxide build/snapshot. For the client, I don't know what the cause is, but it's not something Oxide can fix.

16. Dallas 5

Dallas 5 Naked Wanderer

hi just downloaded oxide pluggin on my pc - now i see in posts that its oxide2 for hurtworld but oxide plugin on oxide says latest build so hopefully that is correct put the plugin into my hurtworld location reset my server for plug ins to load and from reading it stated i should have a oxide folder there but i cant see that

17. Wulf

Make sure you are install Oxide last.

18. Dallas 5

Dallas 5 Naked Wanderer

do i download oxide to my pc or just unzip it and put it straight into the hurtworld folder

19. Wulf

Download and extract over your Hurtworld server install.

20. Dallas 5

Dallas 5 Naked Wanderer

new to all this wolf so exscuse me, have done that twice and redone server restart confirmed on game server location etc and can see oxide folder on my server with plugins etc but cant see the oxide folder on pc in hurtworld folder but i see option in hurtworld data for mods and plugins.. would i use these locations to download the plugins to..?