1. BurnedDesigns

BurnedDesigns Naked Wanderer

I attempted to install oxide on my server but for some reason I cannot get it to work Ive put all the files in and started the server stopped the server and started again and I still see no Oxide directory. Is anyone able to put a tutorial on how to install oxide?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin Community Admin Oxide Developer

Stop the server > download Oxide > extract the zip > copy/move and overwrite all files included to your server's root directory > start server.

Make sure you aren't running any updater with Steam when starting the server either, as this will uninstall Oxide.

3. BurnedDesigns

Ive done this and the server is hosted on Gameservers.com. This method still does not work for me.

4. Wulf

It's possible it isn't being fully installed, the main part that makes Oxide work is the modded files, so if those aren't actually being uploaded/installed it won't work. This is the only reason why it wouldn't work, it won't just not load if it's actually installed, the server has to be using the modded DLLs.

5. BurnedDesigns

oh okay well I just checked my filezilla and I did see that the Assembly-CSharp.dll is not installing and ive tried installing it several times but it never seems to install even did a full wipe of the server.

6. Wulf

If it won't upload, you may need to contact your host as they may not allow full FTP access.

7. BurnedDesigns

Okay thank you I will try this and post back on whether this works or not

8. BurnedDesigns

UPDATE : It was my host that didn't allow me to upload all files but I gave them the download link and they installed it for me which allows me to install kits and other plugins now thanks wulf

Wulf likes this.