1. im pretty sure this was said already. but ive stopped the server. and installed and the files where theyre suppose to go. and i cant find the Oxide folder. hmmm somebody needs to make a video. would help others and myself. so people wont repeat this same question. thanks ;]

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

3. i know man i pay for my server. so that doesnt work for me.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

1. Stop your Reign of Kings server via your server host's control panel.
    2. Verify your server is updated by running SteamCMD via your server host's control panel.
    3. Download Oxide for Reign of Kings release build zip at http://oxidemod.org/downloads/oxide-for-reign-of-kings.950/.
    4. Extract the zip to a folder and open that folder. You should see numerous files (Ex. CSharpCompiler.exe) and a folder (ROK_Data).
    5. Open your FTP client and enter the FTP details provided to your by your server host.
    6. Browse to your server's root/main directory, where ROK.exe is located.
    7. Copy ALL of the files from the extract Oxide zip to the root/main directory, where ROK.exe is located.
    8. Start your server, and done!

5. i did that now my server doesnt show on the cummuinty list

6. Make sure you're directly dragging the contents of the .zip file over.
    All of this should be done while the server is stopped.
    Don't sift through the ROK_Data folder to find the files. Drag the ENTIRE folder into your server's / directory.
    After you start the server you should see the folders populate, like /saves/oxide, and so forth.

This should sound much like what Wulf said.
    Without watching you do this step-by-step it's difficult to know exactly where the process is going wrong for you.

7. I followed the steps.
    Server started, sometimes i got the error ''NO EAC CONNECTION'' i restarted the server a few times but no oxide folder got created on the ftp server.
    i pasted the whole ROK_Data folder.

8. I use FPSplayers and they don't allow you to upload certain file types using FTP so only certain files were being uploaded to the server.

I had to start a ticket with them and they were able to install Oxide for me. You may have to do the same thing with GameServers. Make you sure you know how to install Oxide onto your own dedicated server on your computer, and then you'll know how to explain to the GameServer guys how to install it in case they don't know what you are wanting to do exactly.

9. You have to send in a ticket to gameservers to get them to install it on your server. Send them the link when requesting so they can verify they got the right version.

10. i did OUTCAST lol.. and they ignore what i said. and told me that they call only add the latest MOD. with is the latest Alpha i told them i didnt want that. gave them the link. and they updated my server with Alpha 13 and closed my ticket
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431318370][/DOUBLEPOST]the saves folder. wont open [550 Permission denied].. do i need to stop the server then open it. i mean ive dragged the files and zip etc. idk if FTP doesnt work with some files. and i know asking questions over and over piss people off. just trying to figure this out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  11. Someday somebody with a pleasant voice will make a video showing exactly how to do it. Hopefully.

Are you using the Host's FTP, or are you using a standalone software to connect to the files?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, the server needs to be stopped. You should always stop your servers before you attempt to replace files or update them.

13. ya Oxide doesnt work. i install it to the server. but it wont show up guess ill have to wait. then ;/

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It works, it just needs to be installed fully and properly. We have numerous users that run it, as well as some hosts already. The majority of the Oxide developers have test servers for it as well, including me.

15. i mean im doing it correctly wished u ccould see what im doing so u can see for your self. i mean i know im doing it right. i shut down the server, Extract the Zip file into a Folder. then open up FTP. i drag all the file from the Oxide into rok. which where the RoK.exe is. once its down i go back on Gamerserver. Restart server. 30sec-2mins. i keep refreshing the page. nothing. so i go back and install the "Update your Reign Of Kings Server to the latest release." restart server. boom the server pops up. idk what ive done wrong. i know its so simple. its probably in my face. because when i try to open Saves . { permission denial }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431446415][/DOUBLEPOST]Wulf if i made u admin on my game servers would u install it.?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you could provide screenshots of the FTP directory, that may help.

17. there u go.

Attached Files:

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd recommend doing a clean install. It appears that you scattered a lot of the DLLs in every folder, so it's possible other files are out of place as well.

19. can i save peoples stuff and the map slot. with a fresh wipe.

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, just backup the Saves/Slot# folder(s) to your local machine.