1. It spams this constantly while the server is loading, then eventually crashes. I may have not made save changes properly due to my bad multi-tasking habits, before I went to sleep last night. So it probably crashed shortly after I closed Filezilla and I just didn't notice. No clue what's going on, but I removed the only plugin I was editing and tried to restart, but it still does the same thing. RIP

Attached Files:

2. Removed all plugins, data, config. Still does the same thing.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The error appears to be from Rust, not Oxide or plugins. I'd suggest making sure you're fully updated with both Rust and Oxide. Rust updated twice today, so I'd suggest going through the update steps again.

4. I also did that, didn't work.

5. Hi,

So I updated my server today and this starts happening. Not sure what this is about. Can anyone help?

Untitled.png

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Check your RustDedicated_Data/output_log.txt to see if you can find the full error.

7. Thanks for replying. Here's my output log.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please use the 'Upload a File' button.

9. It's 140mb file and it woudn't let me upload it.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, pulled it from your other link then, will just take a little bit to view it. :p

11. Thank you! <3

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Merged with an existing thread for the error. Appears to be something from Rust that they may need to fix.

13. My host told me that it's an oxide problem so I was told to uninstall oxide from the server. But from reading the log, in my understanding, our server has reached entity limit so it keeps spamming the error message. I'm not sure if I'm right though.

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your host is mistaken, it's not coming from Oxide (we don't touch any of that), the error is from Rust. Oxide is usually the first thing hosts blame as it's an easy target for them, but more than often not the cause. I'd suggest updating the server and testing as "vanilla", checking the version of "vanilla", and then installing Oxide and doing the same thing.

15. Yeah, even without plugins, the server still does it. I tried what you suggested too and still spamming the same error.

16. Having this problem today as well. Can't do anything with the console as it's spamming like hell.

Same error and everything.

Edit : After searching through the whole map for something odd, I found a player with no name, and the name above his head was "Blaster :D" like when you spawn a player with "spawn player". I killed him and removed his corpse, no more spamming.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  17. Can one of you send me your .sav file for Alistair to check out?

18. I have the same error msg. It is to do with the map save file. If you delete the save file and it makes a new one you dont get the error. I havent worked out what causes it though.
    If someone has worked out what causes the error please respond so I can tell my Admins to stop spawning the item or whatever they are doing.