1. Should I set a tick-rate or leave it?
    If so, what to? 30/60?

I don't seem to see any discussion on this, would like to see what other's think is ideal for there servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2016
  2. I think most leave tick rate at default (10).

by default, I don't think there is a direct link to performance by changing it. I could be wrong :)

If you had a plugin or command you wanted to run that was programed to use or run every server tick, you might change it.

3. Ah, yeh at the moment nothing is needing the tickrate to be higher.

4. Its not needed to set it higher. Tickrate in rust is not working like for example csgo

5. The variable
    Code:
    server.tickrate
    is used for the time-calculation of repeating the "DoTick" function of the ServerMgr.
    A value of 10 means, it will be run ten times persecond.

This function calls only some internal checks, does control how often per second the RCON protocol will be updated, and does Call the Hook "OnTick".
    So if you got a plugin or function which is called everytime at "OnTick", this one will then be called ten times per second.

6. What is the real tickrate from the player/server. How often check the server/player location and stuff like that. It dont feel like 10, and if its 10 how ppl dont lag when they run. Iam just wondering and want to understand.^^

7. The player/server communication for updating EntityUpdates is mainly controlled by
    Code:
    server.updatebatch
    This controls the transmission of the update-queue length.
    Lower values will be more stable for the server overall, but could "feel" for the player as lag, but technically its only a slower loading of things around him.
    Higher values give more instant loading of changes, but can result in server lag, because it needs then to send more data in a lower timeframe.
    Mainly on first joins of players with a too high value it could cause lags in that time.

8. Ah ok, thx for explaining me.

9. If I want decrease lag a bit,
    can I change the server.updatebatch to other value?
    or the server tickrate?

10. Code:
    server.updatebatch
    ..is at default at 128..some did say, a value of 96 was good for them to prevent lag of too much network communiation.

11. +server.updatebatch "96"

To apply this value at startup ?