1. Is it possible to enable a debug mode to see what happens ? it's really strange, I don't have those issues when launching the server without oxide with 60/60

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There isn’t a debug mode in the sense you are hoping for. Without plugins though Oxide doesn’t really do anything.

3. The current version of Hurtworld V2 has memory leaks. With a server pop of 50 to 60 players, you must restart your server every 4 hours. After that the memory leak consumes all your RAM (Assuming you have 6GB of ram).... which is probably what is really causing all of this. Oxide and its plugins have an extremely minimal effect (actually none from what I can tell) on RAM so it isn't them causing this (plus already confirmed from game devs it was on their end). Anyway, I had to learn this the hard way when I switched to V2. But with a 50 slot limit I can get away with 5 hour restarts. I'm sure this problem will be sorted out soon by the devs.

If you are not having this problem after some time passes after the restart, as I described, then it might not be the issue I am describing. It may be some sort of server performance issue, or a sub-par network being unable to send and receive the required data for that many players. The FPS loss is just a symptom caused by the severe lag.

4. I'm not lying dude, running oxide creates lags on v2 with 50+ players, it's not occuring with 30 players, only when we reach 50+, without oxide we don't occure any bugs. I can demonstrate to you if you want, pm me your Steam.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1511524351][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I have 32Gb of RAM - 8 cores 4Ghz, I assume it can be connected to this but it's different, the server output uses the max bandwidth of the dedicaced server, I see it on netstats

30 players
    normal.png

50+ players (unstable output peaks!!)
    wtf.png

Check the ratio sent packets/bytes, what are those huuuuuuge packets ?
    ratio.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2017
  5. Hmm well I'm not sure what your issue could be then. But I tested the memory issues to a great extent. Let my server go a full week w/o Oxide and it still had the same issues. So in my case I pretty much confirmed Oxide wasn't causing it. But perhaps you are having a different problem. Whatever it is, if it is an Oxide issue then it doesn't seem to be wide spread. But I still tend to believe it is something else and Oxide coincidentally appeared to be the target issue.

6. GitHub page was deleted and Appveyor is not work also, where I can find it now?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

8. Same issue on another server (with 32Gb RAM too) using Debian
    [DOUBLEPOST=1511582679][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw,
    This repository is empty.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oh yeah, forgot I need to get that pushed up there. :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1511582888,1511582860][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Still here: Releases · OxideMod/Oxide · GitHub

10. Can you push it please? I'm sure there is a bug, really

I analyzed a bit, the issue is located during players connections packets (here it peaks at 27mb/s with only 20 players, but with server full it's 10x stronger) :
    peaks.png
    errors.png

Here is the demonstration of lags: Gyazo - eea2ed91a13f0c5d5231722020c4d916.gif seems like it appears when users download structures informations, we need a fix to limit users download rate or remove useless sent data

It's not possible that a structure file of 970kb uses 27mb/s during 3 seconds (81mb sent??? for a 970kb file?)

Those rates are way lower without Oxide running, users download at 1-2mb/s max, I really think there is a bug in your core my friend

I can try to configure iptables to limit downloads but I don't think it'll solve the real issue, the hurtworld server will continue to send useless data to clients and block its send buffer, and so lagging without maximum bandwidth reached :/

Something is really fucked up in the v2 core, there is a network overflow issue, definitely not a memory leak issue

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
  11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Push what? There are no updates for it. Oxide also does not do anything with networking nor server-to-client communication. This is also the same "core" that every other game we support uses, there isn't really much unique about it. It is possible that a hook may be off a bit, but that shouldn’t cause the issues you are having.

12. It is really strange that it's only occuring with Oxide on but maybe it's only a coincidence

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We'll review it soon once I get the standalone repo setup for it.

14. Hello I have a little trouble when I want to install Oxide on my Hurtworld V2 server, so I copy the folder "Hurtworld_Data" and "_start-example.bat" but when I want to run my server it consumes 52 mega of memory long live, and it does not start, could you enlighten me on the origin of my worries, I also join you my OUTPUT_LOG, if it can help you, sorry for my English, I use google translation !

Initialize engine version: 5.6.3p2 (b3d7a6428558) Forcing GfxDevice: Null Null - Pastebin.com

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like you're mixing versions of Hurtworld there. Make sure you're using the latest build of Oxide and the latest Hurtworld itemv2 files. Nothing to do with Oxide itself, just mixed games files.

16. I find my error On the download page on the site there is only for version 1, you have to go on the Github, sorry for the inconvenience: D

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yeah, the itemv2 branch of the game isn't released yet, we only have the released versions on the site here.

18. Hello no kit for v2 hurtworld ? :(

19. There is no V2 plugins at all on this page yet. When V2 is pushed to the main branch is when you can expect official support here. Other than that, while V2 is in Experimental you have to either update the plugins to V2 yourself or find someone willing to give you their privately fixed plugins.