Solved Hurtworld 0.3.7.0 update?

Discussion in 'Hurtworld Discussion' started by q1LLa, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Try updating again, Mine seems to be working now. Was told some windows files were missing.

2. Apparently the hot fix deleted one essential file and either deleted or corrupted another. Hot fix is up and it is working for my server at least. Per usual, oxide will need to be updated before the mods work.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide doesn't NEED to be updated to work, it'll just be an old version of Hurtworld if you installed it.

4. They aren't working on my server right now using the oxide update from the bike update. Do you think I should try to reinstall oxide to my server?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd wait. I have it updated, just fixing a couple issues that need to be fixed.

6. So did the windows version not get the hotfix?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The Windows server for Hurtworld was the only one affected (was missing some files.) The developers pushed an update for it. Oxide will be available for it shortly.

8. I wasnt trying to rush you sorry .
    I was wondering about the update, i thought it was going to change how we view out of a vehicle and mine hasnt.

9. And oh noeeeeeezzzzz my beloved custom death messages stopped working. This is game breaking :(

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

object OnPlayerDeath(PlayerSession session, EntityEffectSourceData source) can be used for that. To disable existing, add the ChatConnectionMessagesEnabled setting to your startup script and set it to false.

There are no errors there. That yellow text isn't a concern.

11. So it seems after looking at the remaining errors the big issue right now is "onplayerconnected" hooks. At this time it appears that WelcomeMessages and HWClans have this issue the most. I also have the following messages in logs without plugin identifiers
    Code:
    [Oxide] 11:25 [Error] Failed to call hook 'IOnPlayerDisconnected' on plugin 'HurtworldCore v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 11:25 [Debug]   at System.UInt64.ToString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Steamworks.CSteamID.ToString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Game.Hurtworld.HurtworldCore.IOnPlayerDisconnected (NetworkPlayer player, System.String reason) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    Code:
    ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[UnityEngine.Collider,IBiomeAffectedObject].Add (UnityEngine.Collider key, IBiomeAffectedObject value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at WeatherEffectorServer.AddEntity (IBiomeAffectedObject biomeObject, UnityEngine.Collider other) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at WeatherEffectorServer+<SlowAddRemove>c__Iterator57.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

First error I am fixing, 2nd error is not from Oxide.

13. Also Wulf, I was wondering if there was any way you could PM me here or contact me on steam. I have some questions for you regarding becoming an Oxide Developer

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Answer: contribute. ;)

15. Yes but there is some things I simply don't have knowledge on. I have only just begun to scratch the surface of the c-sharp files themselves. Is there any training available? XD I've taken a look at the tutorials but think I need someone to walk me through a few steps at some point.... I'm bad at initial learning but good at refining my skills once learned. If you ever had the time of course haha.

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Google, tinkering, and asking questions. ;)

17. how to make plugin? ;) kidding