1. Hi,

I haven't played rust in months, but was wondering how stable Experimental was ? both Oxide and Rust itself ?

how many Oxide servers are running Experimental ?

2. oxide is totally stable, the unstable parts of oxide are:
    - constant code changes in the experimental branch that forces us to update our plugins at least once ever 3 weeks to match the new updates (more plugins more updates XD)
    - the plugins that break and start to bug (when updates are not made :p)
    so basically stable ^^ with updates once in a while.

as for the experimental branch, that is actually the new rust, so not experimental anymore ^^
    it's quite stable, they just push a lot of bugged updates that they have to fix 2-3 days later.
    but it's pretty neat, already looking very very good, much more advanced then legacy.
    only BIG problem are the rad towns that they are probably not going to remake ... so i guess if you want them you need to create the rad towns yourself, and maybe someone will create auto boxes to place (to "remake" the rad towns).

3. sounds like early rust 1.0,

I've seen some of your recent posts, new rust defiantly looks good. Have to see if i can make any plugins for it.

I was having trouble with experimental (months ago) as my computer is not good enough to run it well.

4. Same, has à lot of problems before.
    They did à major advancement in that and no runs good. (Woudlnt say smoothly, but way enough to run around and build without lagging)

5. With the last update the game became much more stable than before (server sided).

6. lol wrong XD it's even worse :p

7. I personally have stopped working on plugins for now because the Rust core is still getting too many changes. It also looks like Oxide isnt getting any developement any more so ive chosen to "freeze" my work for now in hope its better in some month.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

How is Oxide not getting any development? Legacy isn't, but that isn't the topic of this thread. Experimental has received numerous new hooks and additions, though that webrequests bug is likely still there. I'm not sure what @thomasfn has been doing, but @Reneb and I have been pushing out updates for it aside from that.

9. well the main bug that really needs a fix is the web requests that breaks randomly at some point :x
    also being able to edit private/intern fields

but yeah thomasfn had his thesis or something like that, maybe he will come back at some point, hopefully :)

10. I didn't see anything with a quick perusal of the webrequest code that would give a hint of where it would be locking up. If someone could create a plugin that could easily replicate the issue I'm willing to go and debug the issue and fix the problem.

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Right now all webrequest lock up for me.

12. well you could make a fast plugin that spams web requests i guess
    you will see at some point it will stop working.
    basically i didn't find any reasons for the web request to block, it seems random.
    Only one thing: more requests = less time before it blocks.

when i do the .requeuenumber or what even it is to see the number of web requests in the queue line, i see 0 when web requests work
    then it starts going up (depending on the web requests that are made) without ever going down when it's blocked.