Hotel

Hotel System

Total Downloads: 2,635 - First Release: Aug 12, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 18 likes
  1. You don't need sleeping bags or bed. Just use the warp so they can always get back to the hotel lobby
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484256230][/DOUBLEPOST]Do you actually have a functioning version of this plugin?

2. What is "warp"?
    This version is works fine for me. One problem - any player can pick up code lock from free room.

3. Help, please. When i write hotel rooms, i've an error: Failed to call hook 'cmdChatHotel' on plugin 'Hotel v1.1.6' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)

4. This is the known issue with this plugin, it's a well known issue and the reason why people can't use it anymore. Anyone that has this plugin working on their server, make sure you don't update, it will break and you'll never get it fixed.

5. Hey, not really a question, but I noticed a typo under admin commands: "- /hotel_list => Get the lit of the hotels" should be "- /hotel_list => Get the list of the hotels"

6. took me a lot of time to debug this, but i finally found a proper way to update this plugin. might take some time.

7. Anything you can do, Reneb, we appreciate it

8. Someone stole all metal doors and code locks on my server =)

9. zonemanager => nopickup
    XD
    i'm advancing fine with the new version

10. this is how the new room system will work to detect entities inside of it:

11. Hi Reneb,

I also received the error when I use the hotel rooms command when armoured doors are used: Failed to call hook 'cmdChatHotel' on plugin 'Hotel v1.1.6' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)

I've been pouring over your code for hours to find out why I get the error. I discovered that when you create your list of doors armoured doors are added twice because for some reason they have two colliders associated with them. So when you do a Physics.OverlapSphere in FindDoorsFromPosition you are adding the same door twice.

Adding the following to your door checks fixes the problem

if (listLocks.Contains(door)) continue;

I also noticed that the deployables are not being detected in the rooms. I see you're working on that. Do you need some help? It would be nice if the rooms could be shapes other than square.

And I know you're busy but adding a feature where if a renter unlocks the door the room is immediately vacated and reset would be awesome. Perhaps an upgrade after the plugin is fixed. ;-)

12. It don't work for me:

13. i have the problem so i can't spawn in npcs ? plz help

14. when i try to refresh the rooms the console/ rust deicated server cmd says: Failed to call hook 'cmdChatHotel' on plugin 'Hotel v1.1.6' (ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.)

15. can you share your fix?

16. Sure. I thought I gave enough info in my last post but here goes. :)

Option 1: Use any door other than an armoured door. They should work.
    Option 2: Edit hotel.cs and add "if (listLocks.Contains(door)) continue;" to the door checks in the FindDoorsFromPosition function like in the code below:

Code:
    static List<Door> FindDoorsFromPosition(Vector3 position, float radius)
            {
                List<Door> listLocks = new List<Door>();
                foreach (Collider col in Physics.OverlapSphere(position, radius, constructionColl))
                {
                    Door door = col.GetComponentInParent<Door>();
                    if (door == null) continue;
                    if (!door.HasSlot(BaseEntity.Slot.Lock)) continue;
                    if (door.GetSlot(BaseEntity.Slot.Lock) == null) continue;
                    if (!(door.GetSlot(BaseEntity.Slot.Lock) is CodeLock)) continue;
                    if (listLocks.Contains(door)) continue;
                    CloseDoor(door);
                    listLocks.Add(door);
                }
                return listLocks;
            }
    I'm still having trouble with deployables in the rooms. So your mileage may vary. But this will stop that error when using armoured doors. I'm also working on a complete rewrite of Hotel in case Reneb gets bored. I really like the concept of this plugin.

17. thanks you.

18. Would be nice to add the ability for players to TP to their rented room on the side of the door that swings inward?
    This way, players could TP to their specific hotel room and it wouldn't get confused as to the inside/outside of the room.
    I don't know if this is plausible, but it sounds nice :p

19. Is there any way of getting it to work with server rewards instead of economics?
    And I am also having problems with deployable's? It is odd...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2017
  20. So will this mean that you can only have square rooms?