HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,185 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. Code:
    [Oxide] 10:23 AM [Info] Unloaded plugin Helptext v1.4.0 by #Domestos
    [Oxide] 10:23 AM [Info] Loaded plugin Helptext v1.4.0 by #Domestos
    [Oxide] 10:23 AM [Error] helptext: Failed to load config file (is the config file corrupt?) (After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'CustomHelpText[1]', line 5, position 5.)
    Get that when i try to reload a custom /help

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Your config file is corrupt. When editing it, make sure to use proper formatting. You can use jsonlint.com to verify.

3. Having an issue with custom help commands being enabled, they do not show up and the chat window erases previous message when doing /help also can't scroll past the /help messages.

4. same here

5. I currently cant test things and only checking forums on mobile but scrolling and chat being removed sounds like a Rust issue to me.

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's a Rust or Unity issue, Oxide doesn't have any control over that.

7. No problem at least I am not the only one, thanks for the notice.

8. Thx for the info Wulf

9. Any ideas on how to overcome this? I guess jsut have things on /help that are the most useful to the players. Sucks that they can't scroll anymore.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Send less text, that's all you can really do until a fix is made to Rust.

11. Good to know.

I managed to trim my /help to something reasonable. Thanks.

12. when I do /help all text disappears

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

14. im getting command not found when doing /help

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Most likely you do not have the plugin loaded then. Check your logs for errors.

16. Code:
    [Oxide] 8:12 PM [Info] Unloaded plugin Helptext v1.4.0 by #Domestos
    [Oxide] 8:12 PM [Info] Loaded plugin Helptext v1.4.0 by #Domestos
    [Oxide] 8:12 PM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin helptext (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 8:12 PM [Debug]   at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.GetEnumerator () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Ext.Lua.Utility.TableFromConfig (Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile config, NLua.Lua lua) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Ext.Lua.Plugins.LuaPlugin.LoadConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Ext.Lua.Plugins.LuaPlugin.HandleAddedToManager (Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager manager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.AddPlugin (Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin plugin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.OxideMod.PluginLoaded (Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin plugin) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435882431][/DOUBLEPOST]no clue what this means

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It means you didn't edit your config file right. ;)

18. ive never edited help text config???

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, somehow it's invalid. I'd recommend deleting it and trying again. If you are using a host that provides the default config manually (Multiplay/ClanForge), then it may be they have a corrupt default config.

20. Could the text appear in the console instead of the chat? because it is too long and can't see everything, only the end.