HelpText

Moved

Total Downloads: 18,185 - First Release: Oct 23, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 3, 2017

4.92105/5, 38 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is sample code that can be placed in plugins. There's no point in modifying other plugins that you don't develop though, just use the custom help in this plugin's config.

2. ok thanks. respond time was great.

3. I don't get what you mean exactly, isn't it editable in the helptext config? Like can't you make 2 different menus like one is for players and other one is for admins. When you type in /help, if you are player you get 1 list but if you are admin you get 2 lists ?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I was replying the other user who was asking what the code he posted was for. That code is what this plugin calls in other plugins.

5. Yeah I understood, but I kind of had same question, like if I want to make /help menus. 1 is seen by players and 1 is seen by admins(I mean I make custom helps for both). How I can do it? Is it even doable?

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Using the code that was posted in the plugins themselves. This plugin simply calls the functions from the other plugins, the custom option in this plugin's config would send to all.

7. how can i change costum text color ?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

9. Can you have it print to console?

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Everything other than the custom text in this plugins config is controlled by each individual plugin, so you'd need to request it from those authors.

11. Hello was wondering if you are able to make it so that when using /helpC, could post the command in the console instead of chat box, due to some plugins have many commands and over floods the chat box and cant see them all due to not being able to scroll the chat box.

Other then that very nifty and helpful plugin to have keep up the good work

Also with the admin only command, you have linked I have put it in the helptxt plugin file but how do i go about making certain commands Admin eyes only with the plugins.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  12. The actual helptext messages are coming from each individual plugin itself. This plugin only calls it when someone uses the /help command. Its possible for plugins to send helptext to the console but thats controled by each plugin itself so you'd have to request it from them.
    If a helptext message is only seen by admins is also controlled by each individual plugin.

13. Thanks for the info, so only way to be able to get the chat to console is if the plugins that have a /help supported it for console as well.

Because if not, was thinking. What if we can turn the messages into chat messages instead, then just do /h console and hopefully it will post all the chat in the console for us to scroll through, again only if it can be done.

Another idea I have is that you can have help pages so you type /help 1 for the first bit of plugins then /help 2 for the next part to fill the chat box and so on, only if this can be done of course.

Come up with something else as well, if you can create a file somewhere that does an echo print in the text document that you review later unless in the end it is only a command to issue out every help command that is supported by the mod.

Reason I am asking about this is I would like to know if a script can be written to do anything like that and not just get info from the plugins that have the code for displaying help text just on screen.

In the end these questions may seem stupid to someone,who is in fact a good programmer but in the end if the question is not asked, there shall never be an answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  14. when i restart my server, the helptext.json resets to the default one, is there a way to avoid this?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It'd only reset to default if the file was corrupted somehow, usually by improper formatting in it.

16. Is there any way you can update this plugin so that you has say 4 things pre page instead of it listing everything at once cause its really annoying not being able to scroll up in chat as the game doesn`t allow this. Thanks in advance

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It'd require a rewrite of this plugin, as right now all this plugin does is trigger other plugins to send their help text.

18. Oh i see. Ok well thanks anyway

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm sure it'll happen eventually, probably in Oxide itself though. ;)

20. that was it :) thanks !